In this episode, Tony and I talk about how we can fight fatigue naturally. I outline a few main principles that you can begin to incorporate into your daily regimen. By using these tips you will minimize digestive stress as well as boost your overall energy. We share all-natural (sans caffeine!) ways that will bring you one step closer to looking and feeling your very best!
Next, my very special guest is one of the foremost sleep experts, Dr. Kirk Parsley. I speak with Dr. Parsley about how he was inspired to find out more about the sleep, health and weight connection. Dr. Parsley is a former Navy SEAL and he has also done half Ironman triathlons. Our conversation today is geared towards the top tip he gives about how we can achieve better sleep and how we are holding ourselves back! If you are struggling with feeling rested and getting a good night’s sleep, or just want to learn how to learn more about better sleep in general, this is the podcast for you!
- By reducing the digestive burden, our load of stress is significantly less…
- How fatigue is related to the health of our guts…
- When it comes to fatigue, digestion can be exhaustive to our systems…
- How our bodies lose sensitivity to caffeine…
- The vicious caffeine cycle and how to break it….
- Why most people aren’t paying attention to sleep…
- Could lack of sleep be a big reason that we are gaining weight?
- How lack of sleep can cause your body to not perform at an optimal level…
- Dr. Parsley talks about travel can disrupt your circadian rhythms and what to do about it…
- The four pillars to achieving a good night’s sleep revealed…
- What sleep deprivation is really doing to your body…
- The top tip to getting deep sleep and REM sleep consistently…
About Dr. Kirk Parsley
Kirk Parsley served as an Undersea Medical Officer at Naval Special Warfare Group One from June 2009 to January 2013. While there, he helped develop and supervised the group’s first Sports Medicine Rehabilitation center. He is a former SEAL, and a 2004 graduate of Bethesda, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences [USUHS] – the U.S. military’s medical school. He interned in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Balboa Naval Hospital San Diego in 2005 and then completed a Navy residency in Hyperbarics and Diving Medicine in 2006.
Doctor Parsley has been a member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine since 2006 and served as Naval Special Warfare’s expert on Sleep Medicine. He is certified in hormonal modulation (Age-Management Medicine) and has worked as a consultant for numerous organizations and clinics. Doctor Parsley has lectured extensively on sleep, wellness, traumatic brain injury (TBI) and hormonal optimization and is currently completing an e-book on sleep optimization.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Fighting Fatigue Naturally Segment:
- Adrenal Fatigue (note: we do not endorse the products or protocols, but this is a good explanation of the problem)
- Study that Connects Stress to Fatigue
- Caffeine and Adenosine Receptors (Explains how we can lose sensitivity and why it’s good to take breaks from coffee or other sources.)
- Beauty Detox Probiotics
Dr. Kirk Parsley Interview:
Hi Kimberly! I am from the UK and have been following your blog for a while. I was wondering if in your latest book ‘The Beauty Detox Power’ has your Yoga Series DVD included? Thank you x
Hello, Thank you for your question. My yoga series is not included with the book. They are separate items. You can find out more on my DVD in my Shop here on the blog. 🙂