Tony and I are back this week as we discuss “Breastfeeding and Beauty Detox Foods”. We talk about how important it is to be in tune with your body and getting the nutrients you and your baby need, while breastfeeding.
We also discuss how what you eat has a strong impact on the quality of your breast milk. Finally, Tony and I discuss ways you can incorporate healthy proteins by eating the foods that are found in the Beauty Detox meal plan.
Next, is my very special guest, Dr. Jay Gordon, who is a well-respected pediatrician and columnist. Dr. Jay Gordon has written for Parents Magazine as well as Fit Pregnancy. We discuss his viewpoint on breastfeeding and why it’s so important to nourish yourself in the right way. Dr. Gordon also discusses how babies are at the top of the food chain and why he highly recommends eating a mostly or all plant-based diet.
Next, we discuss if babies should be supplemented with iron and what we should know about the dairy and beef industries. Finally, we discuss what the potential link between ADD, ADHD and autism, and environmental toxins and poor diet and Dr. Gordon’s recommendations on approaching vaccinations, baby clothes, products and toys.
- Are babies getting enough nutrients from their plant-based mothers…
- How the Beauty Detox lifestyle affects the quality of breast milk…
- Tony discusses being tuned into your body when it comes to food quality over food quantity…
- We discuss how to get the protein you need through Beauty Detox Foods…
- Dr. Gordon’s discusses the quality of a woman’s diet in creating healthy breast milk…
- Why cow’s milk is unhealthy for humans and during breastfeeding…
- Getting enough nutrients in a plant-based diet…
- What the dairy and beef industry really want you to believe…
- Dr. Gordon’s approach to spacing out vaccinations…
- If organic clothing and wooden toys are really best…
About Dr. Jay Gordon
Jay Gordon is a pediatrician and participates in the training of medical students and residents, lectures all over the world, writes books, and writes a monthly column for Fit Pregnancy magazine. He has contributed to New York Parent, Parenting magazine and has been quoted in the L.A. Times, New York Times, and The London Times.
Dr. Gordon advocates for a balanced, moderate view regarding vaccines. He is a strong supporter of an individualized vaccine schedule that allows parents to make informed choices that are right for their families.
Intensely interested in infant nutrition and breastfeeding, Dr. Gordon is the first male physician to sit for and pass the International Board of Lactation Certification Exam and has served on the Professional Advisory Board of La Leche League for twenty-four years.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Plant-Based Breastfeeding – Can It Work? Segment:
- This article overviews some questions/concerns around breastfeeding and toxicity
- This article overviews the Harvard study that mentioned environmental toxins and breast milk connection
- Good study references in here around vegetarian/vegan breastfeeding
- The Post-Baby Meal Plan
- Can I Go on Beauty Detox While Breastfeeding?
- Babies and a Breastfeeding Discussion
- How to Bounce Back After Your Baby
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Dr. Jay Gordon’s Interview:
In love and health,