In this episode, Tony and I discuss proven ways to boost your mood naturally using foods, daily habits and other tools. These are natural steps and tips that will have you feeling less stressed, more cheerful and ready to take on the day!
Next, we have my very special guest, Dr. Pina LoGiudice, a naturopathic physician and licensed acupuncturist. Listen in as we talk about acupuncture: how and why it works, and how it can be effective for a variety of issues.
- We discuss ways to naturally shift your mood…
- How to reach for healthy practical tools rather than unhealthy alternatives to help alleviate the burden of stress…
- I share which adaptogens can be incorporated into our daily lives…
- Tony shares Deepak Chopra’s viewpoint on how vital it is to restructure our lifestyles in a more positive and supportive way…
- We talk about foods that can help shift our mood and mind-set in a more positive way and an ongoing basis…
- Dr. LoGiudice shares what acupuncture is and how it allows the body to let go of imbalances…
- How acupuncture aids our bodies with various ailments and different systems…
- We discuss how important it is to allow your body to adjust to acupuncture treatments at your own pace…
- How acupuncture treatments can assist with fertility by bringing your whole system into balance, including your hormones…
- Dr. LoGiudice shares how quickly one can see results or experience some alleviation with regular acupuncture sessions…
- We discuss how incorporating acupuncture into our children’s lives can have a lot of benefit…
- The recommended amount of acupuncture treatments should be applied to maintain your overall well-being…
About Dr. Pina LoGiudice
Dr. Pina LoGiudice is truly a well-recognized expert in the field of natural medicine. She is licensed as an acupuncturist and is a naturopathic doctor. Dr. LoGiudice enjoys working with various conditions – and especially enjoys helping each woman prepare her body for pregnancy and works extensively with natural and Chinese medicines for children’s best health.
Dr. LoGiudice is a co-author in the third edition of the Textbook of Natural Medicine and recently authored an original chapter on Pregnancy and Primary Prevention for the upcoming fourth edition of the Textbook, where she teaches other physicians how to prevent disease by modifying the prenatal environment through natural means.
Dr. Pina had a strong love for natural medicine, and decided to forgo the conventional medicine route, and pursue a degree in naturopathic medicine and acupuncture. After she completed medical school, she and Dr. Peter teamed up, realizing their dream and opened InnerSource Natural Health.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists, entrepreneurs, yogis, world-class vegan athletes and more, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good overview on Sattvic lifestyle
- 8 Foods
- 19 Ways to Stop Letting Stress Ruin Your Life
- The Devastating Effects of Stress…and How You Can Minimize the Damage
- Fighting the Damaging Effects of Stress with Adaptogens
- An Introduction To Ayurveda
- Boost Your Energy in 3 Easy Ways
- The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You’ve Always Wanted
- Raw Cacao Truffles
- Healing Depression by Dr. Peter Bongiorno
Dr. Pina LoGiudice’s Interview
Happy listening, and wishing you a beautiful day!
With love and gratitude,
Hey Kimberly, hope all is well with you and baby boy?
I was wondering if you knew any good acupuncturist in NY and what your thoughts were on cupping. On another note…is there a big difference between your Probiotic Beauty Slaw and your Probiotic Enzyme Salad or did you recreate one for a quicker and easier option.
Hope to hear back.
Hi Alma and thanks for your great questions. At this time, I am not recommending acupuncturist but word of mouth in your local area is a good way to start. Then, just ask lots of questions when you start checking out a few choices. See how you feel and how they acupuncturist answers your questions.
As for the salads:
Probiotic Enzyme Salad: http://bit.ly/2aukVo1 helps in digestion and is good to have at least a half cup a day and the Probiotic Beauty Slaw: http://bit.ly/2aNzkQQ really brightens your skin and has amazing nutrients as well. There are differences ( as you will note when viewing the links I’ve included ), and really it’s about your preference. But I recommend both. Switch it up and see how you feel.
Sending lots of love! 😉
Thank you for your response! Looking forward to trying both! I also forgot to mention that I’ve recently been enjoying your goji chia smoothie (YUM) and this last time I made it thought to add some spirulina. Is that ok to mix in or not a good choice?
Great blog and podcast. Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much Freedom Chinese Medicine for tuning in. Lots of love! 😉