Doesn’t this look just heavenly?! ???? And guess what? My Dark Chocolate Cheesecake (Raw Vegan) Recipe is free of any dairy or refined sugars.
Rather, you will be adding in some healthy fats from the nuts and natural sugars from the dates, and who could forget the dark chocolate! You will be completely satisfied and amazed at how simple this recipe is to make and how indulgent it is to eat!
Beauty Indulgence: Chocolate Chips (aka: Cacao Powder)
When whipping up any recipe of mine that includes dark chocolate, I am always referring to cacao. Whether it’s dark chocolate chips or cacao powder, just remember that dark chocolate is made from cacao.
Both cacao and cocoa powders come from the same original source—the Theobroma cacao tree—and how it is processed is what makes the difference. Cocoa can be used sometimes, when sourcing is an issue, but it may contain added sugar or other sweeteners.
However, cacao is the raw form of the cacao bean, which is less processed—having more powerful antioxidant effects and health benefits. So dark chocolate chips that are made from the raw form of cacao is what you will want to look for when prepping for this recipe.
What is so great about this healthier option, is that cacao actually promotes feelings of love and joy, rather than the sugar rushes that other chocolates provide and then inevitably bring us back down.
Learn to elevate the way you think about wealth and abundance, and living from your heart, when you click here!
Cacao benefits us emotionally but what about physically? These amazing beans also contain anandamide inhibitors—keeping the compound from breaking down quickly and the feeling of cacao anadamide lasting longer—meaning, we feel great longer!
This powerful superfood can improve your memory, increase your bliss, shed fat, boost immunity, and create loads of energy.
Raw cacao contains nearly four times the antioxidant content of regular processed dark chocolate, 20 times more than blueberries!
All of this sounds great, right? But as a reminder, because cacao contains the stimulants of caffeine and has theobromine (even when labeled as “raw”), I strongly encourage you to avoid binging on this (which is easy to do).
We want to steer clear in overstimulating and taxing our nervous system, which can make us feel worn out and stressed. Adding cacao is small amounts will provide just enough to make us happy and give our bodies the beauty, health, and vibrancy it deserves.
I find these chips at any health food store, like Whole Foods. More stores are starting to stock these healthier options, so check yours out and don’t hesitate to requests them as well.
Beauty Bonus: This cheesecake is raw and vegan!
How is this scrumptious dessert a beauty bonus? In that it’s made with only the best ingredients!:
- Coconut Flakes/Oil: Rich in trace minerals, contains potassium (an electrolyte), that helps to facilitate cellular cleansing, and helps to regulate the fluid levels inside cells
- Dates: Rich in copper (an important mineral that the body uses to help absorb iron), forms collagen and red blood cells—creating a healthy nervous system and generating energy
- Fresh lemon juice: Help to dissolve mucus in the body, flush and support the liver, and help with the absorption of minerals
- Raw nuts: Has some of the best plant-based sources of protein, an incredible storehouse for nutrients, and provides natural healthy omega fats to support immune health
- Dairy: Is cancer-causing, clogs the body, is linked to acne, breast cancer, and prostate cancer 
- Refined sugars: Raises blood sugar levels so quickly where insulin must rush in and help move that sugar out of our blood, which leads to the yo-yo effect and ultimately, weight gain
Now trust me, I understand that some of you may wish to continue eating dairy and certain sugars as a personal preference, and I would never tell you that you can’t meld that part of your life with the Beauty Detox guidelines.
However, I will always encourage you to cut the consumption of these items down if you’re eating them several times per week, but you don’t have to cut them out entirely if you don’t want to.
It’s all about progress to a healthier lifestyle. It will always be my mission to continuing growing in my personal knowledge, and sharing that knowledge with you. In the end, it really is up to you to make healthy food choices that are delicious and most beneficial to your overall health and wellbeing.
Now Beauties, while it may be tempting to sit down and eat this whole cake, I suggest planning ahead and sharing this indulgent dessert when you have plenty of help alongside you. A slice (or two), per week is what I suggest, especially if you are trying to lose weight or limiting your healthy fat intake.
Enjoy it, but just keep all this in mind and have balance!
How to Make the Full Recipe Below…
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake (Raw Vegan) Recipe
- ¼ cup raw almonds pre-soaked
- ¼ cup pecans
- 5-7 dates pitted
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 ¼ cups raw cashews pre-soaked
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Soak the almonds and cashews for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
- In food processor, combine dates, soaked almonds, pecans, coconut flakes, and salt until coarsely ground. Press evenly into only the bottom of the pie pan.
- For filling, combine the soaked cashews, dark chocolate chips, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract into vitamix (or any high speed blender). Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the filling into pie pan and freeze for 3-5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, thaw cheesecake for 30 minutes, slice, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to add this to your Pinterest Snack & Desserts board!
All my love,
For this dark chocolate cheesecake, are the nuts soaked in water?
Hi Kelly and thanks for checking out this recipe. Yes, the nuts are soaked in water which will help with digestion. Guilt-free dessert! Enjoy, and let me know what you think! 😉
Recipe looks good to eat.
Thank you for checking it out Piki! 😉
Which size pie pan is used for this recipe: 7 inch, 9 inch, etc. . . . or maybe it doesn’t really matter?
can you emit the oil? I find that oil makes me feel gross. Or can you replace the oil with something else?
Hi Nelina – you can try applesauce or other pureed fruit and see how it turns out, if you’re trying to avoid oil all together. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. Lots of love!
I made today this cheesecake. It’s just amazing!!!!!! No is my favourite! Thank’s a lot for this recipe!
Hi Beauty! I am so happy to hear that you love this recipe! I hope this becomes your go-to dessert recipe 😉 Sending you lots of love xx