Welcome back for another episode of the Feel Good Podcast with Kimberly Snyder – Episode #311.
Our goal is to help you develop a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and healing. Feeling Good is about accepting who we are and living from a place of inner peace in our perfectly imperfect lives. Every week, we provide you with interviews with top experts in their field to support you in living your most beautiful, inspired and joyful life, with a focus on physical health, wellness, meditation and spirituality and personal empowerment.
I’m your host, Kimberly Snyder, founder of Solluna, New York Times best-selling author and nutritionist. :)
Let’s get started!
Today’s solocast topic is: Getting Past Beating Yourself up for “Messing Up”
Thomas Edison failed more than 10,000 times before succeeding in creating the light bulb…. Steve Jobs went through six years and hundreds of models before introducing the first iPhone.
Success is not doing everything perfectly the first time. Most often, great success comes after great failures.
Sometimes it takes multiple times of doing something the wrong way before you figure out what really is the best way to do things…
- Overdoing it on the cookies, or at the dessert table…
- Drinking one too many glasses of wine..
- Eating heavy foods in the early morning hours…
- Saying something wrong in a relationship
- Messing up on an assignment at work
Our guts can tell us why beating ourselves up for mistakes will only make things worse.
- Negative self-talk, especially when it becomes habitual, will serve to lower our future performance..
When we make mistakes, blaming ourselves as an individual isn’t a very useful way to address problems.
- Problems could have been caused by circumstances outside of your control.
In order to stop beating yourself up you need to first and foremost forgive yourself and then work on improving your thoughts and behaviors so you can avoid similar problems in the future.
Ask Yourself Three Powerful Questions
The best response to messing up is to ask oneself these three powerful questions:
1) What did I learn from this situation?
2) How can I grow as a person from this experience?
3) What are three positive things about this situation?
When you first attempt to list three positive things about “your mess up” your mind may be very resistant. But if you stick with the exercise, before you know it, you will see a new opportunity that can come out of this “mess up”
MORE WAYS TO GET PAST “MESSING UP”
- Learn from your mistakes
◦ No one is perfect. No one gets it right every time. Don’t feel like you have to be perfect. Everything is going to be alright.
- Share your story (mistake) with others
◦ Have you ever gone through a tough time and later run into someone experiencing a similar situation? These are not coincidences… Let others learn from our mistakes..
- Let the past stay in the past
◦ Don’t let the past mess up take over how you feel, act or believe in yourself.
- Don’t be scared to try again, the right way this time
◦ Don’t let your mess up keep you from trying again and thinking you are doomed to failure.. You have another chance to do it the right way in the future.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
FAN OF THE WEEK
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the “Feel Good Podcast with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. We offer interviews with top experts, my personal philosophies and experiences, as well as answers to community-based questions, around topics such as health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and personal growth. The intention of the Feel Good Podcast is to well…help you really Feel Good in your body, mind and spirit! Feeling Good means feeling peaceful, energized, whole, uniquely beautiful, confident and joyful, right in the midst of your perfectly imperfect life. This podcast is as informative and full of practical tips and take-aways as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best! Thank you for tuning in :). Love and gratitude. xx
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- How to Like Yourself More, And How This Improves Your Health
- Mariela Gained Confidence and Joy Using Beauty Detox (and Inspirations for You Too!)
- The “A” Word That Will Transform Your Health, Forever
- Embracing Change and Finding the Sunrise at the End of it
- Feel Good Probiotics
- Feel Good Detoxy
- Feel Good Digestive Enzymes
- Feel Good Starter Kit
- The Beauty Detox Solution
- The Beauty Detox Foods
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- How to Find Your Voice and Be More Confident [BIO Podcast: Ep 301]
- Can You Improve Heart Health Through Yoga? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 158]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Happier With Gretchen Rubin & The Shame Game [BIO Podcast: Ep 77]
With love and gratitude,