My Chickpea Stew with Pistachio Pesto recipe comes from a sneak peek inside my newest book, Recipes for Your Perfectly Imperfect Life. In it, I am offering everyday ways to live and eat for health, healing, and happiness.
Perfectly Imperfect focuses on teaching how a healthier mind and body can give you the strength to Feel Good and beautiful in your unique body, get on track for eating well, overcome self- doubt and feel confident. It includes practical tools, tips and illustrative personal anecdotes on overcoming body shame, letting go of patterns of emotional drama, restoring self-worth, getting past comparison, toxic social media habits and treating unhealthy relationships with food.
This book is truly written from my heart, with the mission of helping you connect with your true value, after all these years of finally finding it within myself.
It also includes over 100 delicious, healing new food recipes! Feeling Good naturally leads to looking good, in a deeper way that taps into our wholeness and a level of peace from simply being comfortable with our perfectly imperfect selves.
And now onto the delicious Chickpea Stew with Pistachio Pesto. I hope you are hungry!
Have you ever had pesto in a stew? It’s delicious, especially in my Chickpea Stew! Pesto, made of freshly ground basil and nuts, is a delicious way to nourish yourself with minerals, antioxidants, and protein.
The detoxifying aspect of my Chickpea Stew with Pistachio Pesto comes from omitting the cheese, extra oil, and even the garlic (which can be agitating). You will start feeling so amazing as you go along your continuous detox journey toward lightness that you won’t even miss those ingredients in this dish.
My Chickpea Stew is so hearty it makes a fantastic main course. Serve with brown rice, preferably sprouted, and you will feel nice and satisfied.
That’s all I have to share with you today Beauties. I will let you get to cooking and see how delicious this recipe is for yourself. And if you really love it, be sure to order your copy of my new book today! Also, pin this recipe to your Pinterest boards and post it on your Instagram feeds.
I am sending you so much love. Thank you for all your support Beauties! I hope you are well.
Chickpea Stew with Pistachio Pesto
Pistachio Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Chickpea Stew Ingredients
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 4 cups 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Make the pesto. Combine the pesto ingredients together in a food processor or mortar and pestle. Process or mash together, retaining some chunky texture.
- To make the stew, combine the onion, carrots, celery, and vegetable broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, and cook for about 15 minutes, until the veggies are soft. Add the cooked chickpeas and 1/2 cup of the pesto, and simmer over low heat for an additional 10 minutes. (Save the rest of the pesto to use as a veggie dip; it will keep for 5 days refrigerated in an airtight container. We just have to make a larger amount to ensure easier blending.)
- Ladle the stew into 2 bowls and enjoy!
Lots of love,