I am so excited Beauties because today we are featuring the Eat Pretty Citrus & Beet Salad with Fiery Avocado-Tahini Dressing recipe. And this recipe actually comes from one of our very own community members, Julie Cooper! Julie submitted this winning recipe during our “Perfectly Imperfect Recipe Contest” and we are so happy to feature it here for you all to try!
This Eat Pretty Citrus & Beet Salad with Fiery Avocado-Tahini Dressing is absolutely delicious. It is filled with amazing nutrients from spring mix, sprouts, oranges, beets, avocado and tahini. All of which help boost your beauty and your inner glow! Thank you, Julie, for sharing your recipe with us!
One thing we love about this Citrus & Beet Salad with Fiery Avocado-Tahini Dressing is the abundance of feel-good foods and beauty-boosting nutrients that it provides. Feeling good is not about having a picture-perfect life with a flawless body, job, and family. We can have those things and still feel deeply unhappy. Joy and true confidence come by finding a level of inner peace in our messy, perfectly imperfect lives.
My newest book, Recipes for Your Perfectly Imperfect Life, offers dozens of life lessons to help you feel your best. It also offers and more than 100 plant-based feel-good recipes for smoothies, soups, snacks, and entrées! Go to your local bookstore and pick up a copy for yourself or a loved. Discover how you can find inner peace and acceptance while you learn how a healthier mind and body can give you the strength to thrive in all parts of your life!
Spring is for Produce
Now that spring is here, it is a wonderful time to take advantage of all the amazing fresh produce coming available. One of my favorite ways to enjoy seasonal fruits and veggies is in a large salad like this Citrus & Beet Salad with Fiery Avocado-Tahini Dressing. When we load up our plates with a variety of plant foods we are essentially giving ourselves some of the greatest gifts on earth. The gifts of health and healing and beauty!
Fruits are straight up, one of the best beauty foods hands down. It scares me that some people are scared of eating fruit because of its natural sugars! It does for sure contain some, but it is in a complete nutritional package. And fruit has so many countless other nutrients that it would truly be a shame to miss out on them!
Fruits have the highest water content of any of the food groups and supply us with vital amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and fatty acids. Fruit also breaks down the fastest in our system. So it leaves no toxic residue behind. And it supplies us with readily available energy that can be used for immediate fuel.
Green leafy vegetables are also loaded vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are packed with fiber, which works wonders on our digestion, and high-quality amino acids, which help us build protein. Eating a variety of greens also provides you with numerous phytonutrients. All of these things work synergistically to prevent and repair damage in your body and boost rejuvenation. So you look and feel your most amazing!
If you like this recipe Beauties you can check out more of Julie’s recipes on her website, pbandjulie.com!
Eat Pretty Citrus and Beet Salad with Fiery Avocado Tahini Dressing
- 5 oz of organic spring mix of greens
- 2 oz of sprouts
- 2 oranges peeled & segmented
- 1 beetroot cubed and steamed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- sesame seeds to garnish
FIERY AVOCADO TAHINI DRESSING:
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 2 serrano chili peppers to taste
- 3 cups of fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado pitted and cubed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine you organic greens, sprouts, mint and fennel in a medium-sized mixing bowl with the juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Place beets and orange segments together in a small bowl, giving a gentle stir to mix, creating beautiful scarlet-stained oranges.
- Make the fiery avocado tahini dressing in your food processor. Add all ingredients to your food processor or nutribullet and process, adding water slowly, as needed. Scrape down the sides as you go until desired consistency is reached. I like leaving this dressing a bit on the thicker side since it sits on the bottom of the plate like a sauce. *Note: you will have extra dressing; store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Next, assemble your salad. Spread a generous dollop of the fiery avocado tahini dressing along the outer edge of the side of half the plate with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Add the citrus beet mixture to the bottom of the dressing line in a small pile.
- Place the tangle of salad greens atop. Sprinkle with some torn mint leaves and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Lots of love to you,
awesome. Thank you.
Thanks so much…lots of love! 😉
Thank you so much for featuring my recipe, Kimberly! I had so much fun creating this mood-and-beauty boosting dish for the contest. I hope you all come visit me over at PB & Julie for some more fun and yummy Beauty Detox approved recipes 🙂 Love & Light to you all xx, Julie
And thank you Julie for participating and sharing. We love this recipe! Sending you so much love and continued support! 😉
Julie, please tell me how you submitted your wonderful recipe? I tried to submit one, but there no info on how.
Wow this sounds amazing im excited to try this recipe sounds like its bursting with flavor and goodness!
Thanks so much Christina. Be sure to let us know what you think when you give it a try. Lots of love! 😉
This sounds delicious! Thank you!
I don’t see mint listed in the ingredients?
Hi! What is the measurements for the mint and fennel?
This is wonderful, I tried to submit a recipe, but there was NO info on where to post it. I am glad Julie figured it out. My question asking this on the FB page went unanswered. BTW, would you at least tell us now where we were to have posted it? Again so glad for Julie. We are all winners in getting this wonderful recipe. Disappointed that more of us were not allowed to enter due to lack details on how. It will be fun if all are allowed to know how to enter.