This is a great soup for this time of the year. I never really considered myself a hardcore cauliflower lover…until I started making this delicious soup.
Whenever I make it I consume a good deal of it. It’s raw and easy to digest, and contains turmeric, which has wonderful anti-inflammatory and alkalizing qualities.
Turmeric is an Ayurvedic spice that has amazing antioxidant properties. It inhibits oxidation and protects us from free radical damage, and also helps us clean up metabolic waste. It also supports our liver, while adding some color to this soup!
Even though it’s raw, I don’t like having this super cold. I like to warm it up to room temperature, which takes about 30 minutes or so out of the fridge, or you can warm it gently over the stove.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, with outer green leaves removed and chopped into pieces
- 3 Tbs. organic, unpasteurized miso paste (if you don't have this you can just add more of the high quality sea salt at the end, adjusted to your taste)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 cups filtered water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ½ Tbs. of low sodium tamari
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- Chopped parsley, as a garnish
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients and blend until smooth before serving. If you’d like a thinner texture, try adding a bit more water. Enjoy!