We’ve already discussed some of the issues with the book, The Plant Paradox and it’s overly aggressive stance on all foods that potentially contain lectins. Still, we regularly get questions about specific foods that are vilified by others who promote fear around all lectins, especially seeds like sunflower, chia and others. In this segment, we’ll discuss specific questions about whether seeds are okay to eat, and how to put your mind and body at ease if you choose include them in your diet.
Next, I have my very special guest Idil Ahmed, who is an author, speaker, science enthusiast and Co-Founder GCM (Global Conscious Media). GCM is a media platform which provides tools and insights to help people raise their personal vibration in their daily lives with love and compassion. Listen in as Idil shares how to overcome our fear and find our real passion.
- Tony and I break down some of the reasons why lectins are believed to not be favorable…
- What the link is between lectins and inflammation in vitro research…
- How preexisting conditions could be causing inflammation when it comes to certain foods…
- Why soaking and cooking beans is recommended for removal of lectins..
- How to not hyper-focus on the wrong foods that cause inflammation and avoid what is…
- Idil wrote the book, Getting Out Your Own Way, and shares what the book is about and what was the motivation for writing it…
- How to know when something is really our passion or calling…
- The 3 simple steps to overcome fear…
- What GCM is and what it does…
- Idil shares her motivation for stating GCM…
- Why is spreading consciousness so important and how can people and businesses become more involved giving back…
About Idil Ahmed
Idil Ahmed is an an author, speaker, science enthusiast and social media influencer on a mission to elevate the global consciousness. A believer in each of our own individual power to tap into our inner-selves to alter, shift, and enhance the productivity of our lives, Idil spent 4 years studying Human Biology at UCSD to with an emphasis to further understand the human mind/body connection.
Passionate about discovering what we are truly made of on a biological level, Idil always has been equally intrigued by the universal energy and inner wisdom we each have access to but science cannot fully explain. She has invested extensive time and energy into understanding human nature and the ‘human’ reality and motivates, inspires, and gives hope to individuals and organizations around the globe.
Idil also started Idillionaire, a Lifestyle brand and Consulting firm that infuses the essence and power of truth and positivity.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D. on lectin safety
- Good lectin rebuttal
- The Importance of Soaking and Sprouting Nuts and Seeds Part 1: Soaking
- Grains: To Eat Or Not To Eat?
- The Plant Paradox and The Oxygen Paradox: Don’t Hold Your Breath for Health
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- Do I Need to Be Vegan/Vegetarian?
- Is a Vegetarian Diet the Future of Food?
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Idil Ahmed’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The Macrobiotic Diet With Sachi Kato & The Low Down On Plant Paradox [BIO Podcast: Ep 195]
- Interview With The World Renowned Deepak Chopra & Why Your Gut Has a Huge Impact on Your Everyday Energy! [BIO Podcast: Ep.13]
- Flipping The Gratitude Switch With Kevin Clayson & Easing Into The Beauty Detox Lifestyle [BIO Podcast: Ep 45]
- The Tapping Solution With Jessica Ortner & The Amazing Power of Affirmations! [BIO Podcast: Ep 173]
With love and gratitude,