AMPK is one of the hottest topics in nutrition right now. It stands for “activated protein kinase” and is an enzyme involved in cellular energy homeostasis. AMPK helps determine your balance between energy production and consumption, and activating this compound helps increase your net energy levels, while also fueling rejuvenation. In this segment, Tony and I discuss the amazing new science around AMPK as well as practical steps for activating it in your body.
Next, we have my very special guest ,Dr. Darshan Shah, who is a health and wellness specialist, well known surgeon, published author, tech entrepreneur, and founder and CEO of Beautologie and Next|Health Cryotherapy. As a health and wellness specialist, he has advised thousands of patients on how to optimize their well-being and extend their lifespan, culminating in the creation of Next|Health.
- Tony and I break down what AMPK is, what it does, and tips on how to incorporate them into your life…
- How AMPK deals with your energy levels…
- What the implications are of AMPK when it comes to anti-aging, fertility, hormonal balance and mood, and the benefits…
- We discuss which foods help activate AMPK and how it reduces inflammation…
- What the connection is between AMPK and mushrooms…
- Practices that can naturally raise your AMPK…
- Dr. Shah shares what cryotherapy is and the science behind it…
- The benefits of cryotherapy and what clients can expect to experience with athletic, beauty, recovery, mood, and prevention…
- Why a non-nitrogen full body chamber is so different from other cryotherapy sessions…
- How long clients need to stay in the chamber and how often should you get treatments to experience long lasting results…
- We discuss if you perform cold treatments at home that would lead to similar results…
- Dr. Shah shares how to choose a cryotherapy center for your maximum benefit…
About Dr. Darshan Shah
Dr. Darshan Shah is a health and wellness specialist, well known surgeon, published author, tech entrepreneur, and founder and CEO of Beautologie and Next|Health. As an expert on all body systems, he has performed over 10,000 surgical procedures, including trauma surgery, general surgery and plastic/reconstructive procedures.
Dr. Darshan Shah started his training at an accelerated MD program at the age of 15 at the University of Missouri and earned his medical degree at the age of 21, becoming one of the youngest doctors in the United States. After surgical training in central California, Dr. Shah then continued his training at the Mayo Clinic, one of the most prestigious medical institutes in the county.
After earning his board certification, he went on to open medical/surgical centers throughout California, as well starting innovative tech companies, creating patented medical devices, as well as advising dozens of startups in medicine, finance, and tech. Dr. Shah’s belief in continual education and self-improvement has earned him alumni status at Harvard Business School, Singularity University and other prestigious institutions.
Dr. Darshan Shah is the oldest of three children. He is very close to his family and attributes his success to the values of hard work, passion for everything you do, and relentless tenacity taught to him by his parents. He lives in Malibu, California with his wife, and two children and loves to travel, exercise, and has a passion to continuously educate himself and others.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good overview of the science
- Amazing overview of natural activators
- Beauty Is a Lifestyle, Not a Mask—Plan Your Natural Beauty Routine
- 8 Tips for Gorgeous Skin WITHOUT Expensive Products!
- Do All-Natural Skincare Products Really Work?
- Kimberly Pick’s
- SBO Probiotics
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Dr. Darshan Shah Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The Nature of Movement with Katy Bowman & The Miracle of Mushrooms! [BIO Podcast: Ep 141]
- Medical Mushrooms With Tero Isokauppila & Can Men Build Muscle on a Vegan Diet? [BIO Podcast: Ep 191]
- Holistic Skin Care With Tricia Trimble & Two Scientific Secrets for Happiness [BIO Podcast: Ep 217]
- The Importance Of Self-Care With Ruth Berhe & The Inflammation Weight-Gain Connection! [BIO Podcast: Ep 225]
With love and gratitude,