In this segment, Tony and I discuss a very popular idea in the dieting world: cheat days. And while we take issue with the word, “cheat”–we uncover some VERY fascinating research about the importance of letting go on a semi-regular basis. And why it’s so important not to be obsessive or “perfect” when it comes to your diet. Several studies we discuss, in fact, help understand us the science of why it’s good to indulge sometimes.
Next, we have two very special guests, Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai. They are the coauthors of The Alzheimer’s Solution, and are a unique husband and wife team on the cutting edge of brain science and Alzheimer’s prevention. This dynamic duo work to demystify the steps to achieving long-term brain health and the prevention of devastating diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Listen in, as together they share what inspired them on this journey towards better overall health.
- Tony and I share how using the word ‘cheat’ could have a negative impact on how we view food…
- When it comes to flexibility, how the 80/20 rule fits into a healthier lifestyle…
- What the latest term ‘spike’ means and what it doesn’t mean when it comes to food choices…
- How this new idea works in harmony with Beauty Detox lifestyle…
- Tips on how to handle ‘spike’ days and continue on your path towards better health and wellness…
- Dean and Ayesha share what inspired them to work in a field focused on the prevention of Alzheimer’s and dementia…
- Some of the early onset symptoms of Alzheimer’s and how someone would know if they are at risk…
- Key factors that have a significant impact on neurological disease and what can we do to reverse the symptoms of cognitive decline…
- The best forms of diet and exercise to promote brain health…
- How relationships specifically impact disease prevention…
- We discuss what happens in our brains as we sleep and why is sleep health so important…
- What the overarching plan called NEURO is, and why they recommend it…
About Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai
A unique husband and wife team on the cutting edge of brain science, Dr. Dean and Dr. Ayesha Sherzai are dedicated to educating people on the simple steps to long-term health and wellness through their work as Directors of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Program at Loma Linda University Medical Center, with patients, as well as through online writing, videos, and books.
As Directors of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Program at Loma Linda University Medical Center, the Sherzais, through research and their extensive collective medical backgrounds, work to demystify the steps to achieving long-term brain health and the prevention of devastating diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Through rigorous clinical studies and research helping thousands of patients, Dean and Ayesha Sherzai—neurologists, researchers, and co-directors of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Program at Loma Linda University Medical Center—have uncovered the key lifestyle components contributing to this worldwide epidemic. They’ve also developed a solution—The Alzheimer’s Prevention Program—to help you and your loved ones avoid developing this terrible disease and even reverse cognitive decline.
They are also the authors of The Alzheimer’s Solution. This much-needed, revolutionary book shows you how to live in a way that promotes the health of your brain and your body and add vibrant years to your life. With The Alzheimer’s Solution, the future of your cognitive health is now within your control.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Science around “off” days
- Study about diets and confidence
- Two week diet cycles (not recommended, but provides some insight–listen to segment for discussion of this
- How to Climb Back into the Wagon When You Fall Off!
- 10 Ways to Fight Cravings, Maintain Your Waistline and Your Sanity!
- The Top 5 Reasons to Fuel Your Brain with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 10 Ways to Combat Depression and Anxiety Through Your Diet
- 5 Superfoods That Improve Your Memory
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Drs. Dean and Ayesha Sherzai Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The Calorie Myth Explored, Everything You Have Been Dying To Know About Essential Oils and Aromatherapy! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 7]
- Yoga Alchemy With Shiva Rea & Winter Foods To Try Today! [BIO Podcast: Ep 23]
- On Air With Ella & Tips To Boost Your Mood! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 25]
- Investigating The Causes of Health With Dr. Mario Martinez & The Simplest Secret for Happiness [BIO Podcast: Ep 153]
With love and gratitude,