The whole family will love this recipe! They are a great substitute for all the summer ice cream and other desserts- as the lime is summer-y tasting, and they are creamy, rather than icy.
This dessert contains coconut oil, which is an unprocessed, cholesterol-free oil that contains Lauric Acid. Overall, coconut oil stimulates the thyroid, increases your metabolism and can help you burn stored body fat!
Secondly, like lemon, lime has over 200 enzymes and helps restore liver tissue. The liver is our main fat-burning organ, so with this recipe we are also giving it a boost. This recipe is low-glycemic, so will NOT spike your blood sugar the way refined sugar will.
This is great for us adults that don’t want to gain weight, but it is ALSO great for kids-so they don’t get those crazy sugar rushes that other recipes give them! Speaking of healthy desserts, try my truffles recipe, probably one my favorites!
Raw Key Lime Pie Bars Recipe
- 1 cup organic lime juice
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 4 cups cashews
- Liquid stevia as needed to sweeten
- ½ -1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except for the water, and blend on high. Add the water last and as needed to keep the blending going and make the mixture smooth.
- Freeze at least 4 hours, or overnight. Cut into bars and serve! Can store in the freezer and keep for a few weeks.