Yay! The Beauty Detox Power officially released yesterday. Today I am sharing the final early release recipe with you My Cheesy Calcutta Kale Chips. Let me just say…there are a lot of kale chips out there. BUT this recipe is super special! Everyone I’ve served it to has virtually freaked out. It’s been a fan fave with clients, TV hosts/producers, friends, and pretty much anyone who has tried them!
I wanted to thank you all so much for all the love and support around this book launch, I have felt your presence in the community and in support for the Beauty Detox lifestyle along the whole journey. It was so fun counting down the days with you to the big launch, I can’t believe my third book “baby” it is out there now. It brings me great joy and satisfaction to finally be able to offer this to you. :) With so much love!!
Don’t forget you have till Sunday April 5th to enter our sweepstakes for a chance of winning one of $20,000 in prizes and over $535 in guaranteed gifts!
Today’s recipe is very special to me because it reminds me of my journey and travels in India. It includes turmeric, which I love and particularly reminds me of my time in Calcutta, where they sold it at the street markets that I visited. I named this recipe specifically because of that!
You can make this dish with or without a dehydrator. I include the instructions below for both using an oven or a dehydrator. This is a wonderful and simple recipes to make with friends, children or just yourself. I saved this recipe for last because I know many of us love to have healthy snacks and this is a nice option to have if you are craving something crunchy!
Remember to order your copy of The Beauty Detox Power now! Why wait?! You have access to over 60 new recipes plus amazing life-changing new information. Not to mention all the life-changing information. In this new book, I teach you all the factors involved in achieving and maintaining your ideal weight, to give you back control over how you look and feel. Remember, we are complex beings, and just looking to oversimplify what affects our weight and health leads to long-term frustration and misery.
You truly deserve to be happy and free, and have the body you want. And that is my goal to help you with in this new book offering.
With love and gratitude,
Thank You Recipe: Cheesy Calcutta Kale Chips
- 3 ⁄4 pound curly kale 1 very large bunch or 2 medium bunches, stems and ribs removed
- 3 ⁄4 cup non-roasted non- salted cashews
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded, deribbed and coarsely chopped
- 1 ⁄4 cup raw sunflower seeds soaked overnight and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse the kale and remove as much of the moisture as possible using a salad spinner or paper towels. Tear the kale into bite-size pieces. Let the kale air out on a clean surface while you do the next step, so that it will be saturated with the dressing and won’t get weighed down by any water.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Place the kale and the dressing in a large bowl and mix well with your hands to ensure the leaves are well coated.
- If you are using a dehydrator, place the kale on the dehydrator trays, and dehydrate at 110°F overnight, or until crispy. Flip the kale partway through the dehydration process to ensure that all parts are crispy.
- If you are using an oven, arrange the kale on 2 baking sheets in a single layer, and bake at the lowest temperature, with the oven door cracked open. Stir the kale chips halfway through the baking process to ensure
- all parts are crispy. When I tested this method at my parents’ house, it took about 3 hours, and the lowest setting on their oven is 170°F. Everyone’s oven is different, though, so set timers and check along the way!