In this episode, Tony and I talk about a popular but still confusing topic — our sodium intake! In the past it’s been recommended to either really cut back on salt or having no salt at all, if you want to improve your health. Listen for insightful new research and awesome tips on how to consume salt without the bloat, while staying healthy and beautiful! Today we are also going to discuss sodium, what research is now telling us and how we can make the best choices, salt-wise, when it comes to choosing which foods we eat.
Next, I interview my very special guest Dr. Kourosh Maddahi, an award-winning Beverly Hills dentist, cosmetic specialist and author. Dr. Maddahi has been featured on Oprah, Extreme Makeover, and many more programs and is the author of Anti-aging Dentistry and The Hidden Epidemic. I am incredibly fascinated with Dr. Maddahi and his work, and I could have talked to him for hours! He shares amazing insights on how the health of your teeth are related not only to the health of your whole body, but also to the wrinkles on your face.
Listen in as we discuss how our food choices affect our oral health as well as the differences between holistic dentistry and traditional dentistry. Our mouth is the main gateway into our bodies and if you are curious how to improve your oral care routine and slowing the appearance of wrinkles in the bottom half of your face :), today’s podcast is for you!
- Tony shares some insight into recent medical analysis regarding salt intake and our health…
- We discuss what kinds of salt are unhealthy…
- Salt myths and how much salt you really should be having…
- How salt affects your overall health and beauty…
- We chat about what stage to add salt to your cooking and why…
- Kimberly talks about Beauty Detox Power and and salt cravings…
- Dr. Maddahi shares how are teeth are connected to the health of our bodies…
- Who is more prone to obesity and bad breath…
- Dr. Maddahi shares the impact our food choices have on our overall health…
- The difference between traditional dentistry and holistic dentistry…
- If sugar is really one of the main causes of tooth decay…
- How oral health is related to the rate at which your face ages and wrinkles show up…
- How anti-bacterial and anti-microbial products could be affecting our good bacteria…
- What amount of fluoride should we be using, if at all…
- Why it is important to use a natural and healthy alternative to typical mouthwashes…
- Dr. Maddahi’s shares what fueled him to write his books…
About Dr. Kourosh Maddahi
Award-winning Beverly Hills dentist Dr. Kourosh Maddahi has been one of Beverly Hills premier cosmetic specialists for over two decades. During that time he has developed his practice to create a truly one-of-a-kind experience for people looking to transform their smiles.
After graduating with honors from UCLA in 1983, Dr. Maddahi completed his dental degree at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry in 1987 and opened his Beverly Hills dental office later that same year. More than 6,000 patients have come through our doors to take advantage of Dr. Maddahi’s award-winning treatment. Dr. Maddahi has been featured on Oprah, Extreme Makeover, and many more programs and is the author of Anti-aging Dentistry and The Hidden Epidemic. He just launched a line of non-toxic toothpastes, mouthwashes and dental floss (see link below).
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Salt Isn’t ALL Bad
More and more research has been emerging that dispels connection between heart disease and salt. Salt is no longer the villain we once thought it was. Kimberly and Tony discuss how much is too much, water weight, flushing salt, what salt cravings mean (BDP), and making good salt choices.
- Salt/heart study
- Good summary of salt research
- Mainstream article on why salt is no longer the enemy
- Why Table Salt Makes You Fat and Bloated
- 5 Easy Ways To Transition Your Diet
- How To Follow Beauty Detox
Dr. Kourosh Maddahi Interview
- Dr. Kourosh Maddahi’s Website
- Dr. Kourosh Maddahi Services
- Dr. Kourosh Maddahi Oral Essential Products
- Dr. Kourosh Maddahi Books
Have a beautiful day!
In love and health,
Oh my god! I recently got a free dental consultation for dental implants at Southland Dental Care. I have to say it was unique, fun and for the first time in my life I wasn’t afraid of my dentist. Dr. Hanookai is so kind and caring, you feel at home!
Thanks for sharing Pejmanfar. Happy to hear you had a nice experience! 😉