Happy 4th of July Beauties!
I hope everyone has an amazing day and you get to enjoy the podcast relaxing somewhere with a GGS in hand. 🙂
In this episode, Tony and I discuss the following topic with a different approach than we might be used to and this will be on the subject of — scent. Smell is one of our more underrated senses, especially when it comes to managing cravings and weight. Listen in as Tony and I discuss the benefits of smelling your food, being mindful, slowing the eating process, tapping into instincts, and much more.
Next, we have my very special guest who is an insightful, highly knowledgeable and beautiful Ayurvedic practitioner, named Dr. Deepa Apté. Deepa is an Indian medical doctor and Ayurvedic practitioner and has an amazing spa in London called Ayurveda Pura and has her own line of Ayurvedic teas and skin products. Listen in as we discuss how important it is to shift our practices with the changing season.
- Tony shares how scent has an effect on our diets and how we eat…
- Find out how odor molecules affect our brain….
- We share how smelling fruit and herbs can have an impact on how much you eat…
- How to become more mindful using your senses…
- We discuss how companies may be using scent to lure us into eating certain foods…
- Tony shares which foods are good for weight loss…
- Why it’s important to shift our Beauty practices with the changing season…
- How heating or excess pitta in the body can lead towards aging…
- We share how to follow certain practices or approaches that are more cooling and calming…
- Which foods help to rid the body of excess heat…
- Dr. Apté shares which spices to use and what to avoid during the summer months…
- Which skin care products to use and how to use them…
- How scalp massage has psychological benefits…
- Is some sun exposure beneficial…
- Dr. Apté shares her thoughts on the different forms of yoga that involve artificial heat sources…
- We discuss what our hair and skin is telling us about our overall health…
About Dr. Deepa Apté
Director, Dr Deepa Apté is a fully qualified Indian medical doctor (Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery, India), a qualified Yoga teacher (specialising in Hatha Yoga and the Sivananda tradition) and a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. She is also an Executive Director of Ayurvedic Practitioners Association and lectures widely on Ayurveda and Yoga. She regularly writes articles for, and features in, magazines and the press.
After having run successful practices in India and Germany, she now runs her practice from The Ayurveda Pura Health Spa & Beauty Centre in London, where she offers Ayurvedic consultations, individual Yoga sessions and workshops, offering a wide variety of facial and massage treatments, using skincare that is customized based on your body type (dosha).
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Smell and Weight Loss Segment:
- Study on scent and weight loss
- 5 foods that help weight loss
- Anti-Aging, Bloating, Amma (toxin) Info and More from an Ayurvedic Perspective
- Is Oil Pulling Really Beneficial? + Q&A [BIO Podcast: Ep. 4]
- My Ayurvedic Oral Care Routine
- An Introduction To Ayurveda
- Adventures in Sri Lanka & More on Ayurveda with the Amazing Dr. Jay! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 3]
- An Introduction To Ayurveda
- The Best Beauty-Enhancing Foods
Dr. Apté’s Interview:
- Dr. Apté’s Website
- Dr. Apté’s Shop
- Dr. Apté’s Online Offers
- Dr. Apté’s Anti-Ageing Organic Skin Toner
Wishing you all the very best.
In love and health,