In this episode, Tony and I discuss a popular topic regarding liver cleansing. We discuss whether liver cleansing is a myth or real, the different approaches and what is the best approach for Beauty Detoxers! You’ll learn some of the surprising science behind the liver, how important it is and even the role it can play in your weight.
Next, we have my very special guest Ocean Robbins, who is an author, speaker, and CEO and founder of the Food Revolution network. Ocean’s father, John Robbins, famously rejected his family’s bid for him to become heir to the Baskin-Robbins ice cream dynasty, and instead went on to write Diet for a New America, which highlights the health and ethical benefits of being vegan. Ocean’s goal is to help organizations be more strategic, healthy and effective. Listen in, as we discuss his perspective and his interesting family legacy.
- We discuss specific liver cleanses versus general cleanses…
- The different theories behind certain liver cleanses and their effects…
- How improving our diets and being conscious of our health can improve our liver…
- We talk about boxed programs and powders in comparison to whole foods in cleansing our livers…
- How Radical Beauty discusses liver-loving foods and how they cleanse our bodies…
- We share our recommendations on well-balanced cleanses…
- Ocean shares the influence that his very unique family history has had on his path towards a healthier lifestyle…
- How Ocean was raised vegetarian and started traveling the world to educate other teens across the country…
- We discuss how what we eat has a huge impact on the rainforests and what’s destroying it…
- Ocean shares how expanding waistlines in the Philippines led to the Food Revolution Network…
- What the goal of Food Revolution is….
- How food links us to our memories and how it affects our habits…
- We discuss changing what you buy and where you buy it from…
- Finding healthy alternatives and creating healthier traditions…
About Ocean Robbins
In 1990 at age 16, Ocean founded YES!, an organization he directed for the next 20 years with the goal of connecting, inspiring and mobilizing visionary young leaders worldwide. He has spoken to hundreds of thousands of people, led hundreds of retreats and workshops for leaders in 65+ nations, written books, mentored (and learned from) changemakers, been a creative partner and lead editor for bestsellers, and is a father of special needs twins.
Ocean is the CEO of the Food Revolution Network. 100,000+ people are mobilizing for healthy sustainable, humane and delicious food and food systems. He is an adjunct professor of Peace Studies at Chapman University, a blogger, a speaker, and a facilitator.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Is there any science to support liver cleansing
- The connection between liver and weight
- The most trustworthy ways to detox
- Benefits of lemon water
- GlowBio Cleanses
- One Powerful Change to Help You Shed Fat
- 9 Simple Diet Changes For a Healthier Lifestyle
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Ocean Robbins’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Charles Chen On Changing The World With Food & Healthy Ways to Slim Down [BIO Podcast: Ep 63]
- Manifest Your Dreams With Gary Quinn & Life-Saving Foods for Focus [BIO Podcast: Ep 83]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
With love and gratitude,