In this episode, Tony and I discuss an emerging topic regarding high amounts of protein. We share research around eating too much protein. We also talk about how even many low carb diets, including Paleo, are moving more in the direction of ketogenic diets, which prohibit too much protein (and instead encourage eating more fat in lieu of) —as excess protein is inflammatory and gets converted into sugar (insulinogenic). Be sure to check out the studies and research in the show notes!
Next, we have my very special guest, Josh Rosebrook, who is a holistic hair expert and hair stylist, and founder and owner of Josh Rosebrook Skin and Hair Care. Listen in as we discuss all things hair, from what we eat, to ideal products to use on your hair and how to care for your hair topically.
- We discuss some of the proteins that are popular and can lead to rapid insulin increases…
- How too much protein increases the risk of weight-gain…
- We share Beauty Detox suggestions for the ideal protein range for overall health…
- How too much protein increases insulin levels and has damaging effects on your health…
- Tony shares what insulin is and how it’s affected by what we eat…
- What foods we should incorporate into our daily lives for optimum health and vitality…
- We discuss hair from a holistic standpoint…
- Josh shares what the conventional hair care market uses as their base…
- How natural ingredients are the source for healthy hair, scalp, skin, and body…
- Ways that genetics play a role in your hair condition…
- We discuss some of the untested culprits that have damaging effects on our hair…
- What are sulfates and how they are used in hair care and home products…
- Josh shares how vital it is to stay hydrated for hair health…
- How to incorporate healthy habits for long-term hair growth and health…
About Josh Rosebrook
Josh worked in high end hair salons and had a flourishing career. But then he began looking for products containing specific, natural ingredients and couldn’t find them anywhere on the market. Driven by desire for what he wanted and a fascination with natural ingredients, Josh expanded his background in hair and scalp to the biochemistry of the skin. Eventually Josh Rosebrook Skin and Hair Care was born. Today he works with a team that includes an industry-leading phytochemist and an herbalist. Together they conceive, test and perfect his formulas, and only when it meets his uncompromising standards of perfection, does he share these creations with the world.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! ?
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
- Diet That Mimics Fasting (including lower protein intake)
- How Dairy Protein Is As Insulin-Spiking As White Bread
- Similar Study About Protein in Yogurt
- How High Sugar or High Protein Leads to Inflammation
- The Secret Behind Healthy Hair: Nourish THIS Surprising Organ
- Tips For Growing Strong, Healthy LONG Hair
- New YouTube Video – My Healthy Hair Tips!
- Hair Health (and Hair Loss) Explained
- The Scary Truth About What’s Really in Meat
- Why High Animal Protein Diets Age You Faster
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- 9 Simple Diet Changes For a Healthier Lifestyle
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Josh Rosebrook’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Cowspiracy, Animal Agriculture and a Powerful Interview with Rachel Brathen, aka Yoga Girl [BIO Podcast: Ep. 5]
- Insider Beauty Tips with Dita Von Teese & Sneaky Sources Of Toxicity! [BIO Podcast: Ep 33]
- Manifest Your Dreams With Gary Quinn & Life-Saving Foods for Focus [BIO Podcast: Ep 83]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
With love and gratitude,
If you are having hair issues on a vegan lifestyle eat more fats it is the one thing that is so over looked its always about protein low fat diets work for some but not all you need fat it helps you absorb vitamins and minerals and regulates hormones and helps with insulin keeps you full and makes hair and nails beautiful.
Hey Kimberly, you mentioned a shower filter that you have on your site but I couldn’t find it. Can you link to the filter you like?
After going over a handful of the articles on your website, I honestly like
your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark
site list and will be checking back soon. Take a look
at my website as well and tell me how you feel.
Thanks so much…lots of love to you! 😉
This website was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve
found something that helped me. Thanks a lot!
So great to hear Maquillaje Semipermanente en marbella, and thanks so much for your support! 😉
An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a coworker who was conducting a little homework on this.
And he actually ordered me lunch simply because I found it for him…
lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this subject here on your web page.
So happy to hear your feedback and that you’re sharing this info with others. I really love hearing about your personally experiences. Great job on the free lunch too! 😉