While a lot of false fear is used in marketing nutritional supplements, there are some common nutritional deficiencies that are good to be aware of. In this segment, Tony and I discuss the top 5 most common ones — backed by research — and some of the best ways to correct these inexpensively.
Next, I have my very special guest Dr. Jay, who is my personal Ayurvedic teacher and is one of the foremost Ayurvedic practitioners in the United States. He is very passionate about spreading Ayurveda to the West in hopes of assisting others elevate their health and vibrancy. Listen in as we share some suggestions on how you can enhance your sleep using Ayurvedic herbs and practices.
- Tony and I talk about nutrient deficiencies that are quite common and ways that we can work to balance that in your body and life…
- How to supplement with vitamin D and how it affects our overall health…
- Which body parts are most effective to expose to direct sunlight for optimum gains in vitamin D…
- The differences between vitamin D2 and D3…
- Facts on omega-3 fats and how to get them into your diet…
- Vitamin K and how the Glowing Green Smoothie should be added to your daily morning routines…
- Why magnesium deficiency has become more common and ways to include it in your lifestyle…
- How B12 helps to keep your gut well-balanced and ways to incorporate it into your life…
- Dr. Jay shares what the “root” cause has been for many who have sleep disorders…
- How Ayurveda principles should be used in our beauty routines…
- Which spices can be used in cooking for those who are Pitta and Vata dosha…
- How soups and kitcheree can assist with sleep…
- Which practices we can incorporate into our daily routine to enhance our sleep pattern…
About Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.
Dr. Parla S Jayagopal BAMS, MD (Ayurveda), MAOM (C)—or Doctor Jay as we affectionately call him—received his Bachelor’s degree in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) after completing five and a half years of training from Bangalore University. He also pursued three years of education to receive his Master’s degree in Ayurvedic herbology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
In addition to his twelve years of clinical experience, Dr. Jayagopal has traveled to Europe and Japan to propagate the science of Ayurveda. Currently he is teaching as chair and associate Prof. dept. of Ayurveda at American University of Complementary Medicine, which offers Clinical Doctorate in Ayurveda (AyD)/PhD programs.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K2
- Are You Deficient of this Important Immune Nutrient
- Where’s My Vitamin D?? And Why “Fortified” Foods are Bogus!
- The Top 5 Reasons to Fuel Your Brain with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 – What’s It All Mean?
- Supplementing For Our Health & Beauty
- 13 Essential Vitamins for Bodily Function- From Food!
- 6 Vitamins That Are Essential to Prevent Aging
- My Latest Segment with Dr. Oz: My 5- Day Miracle Vitamin Plan
- Everything You Need to Know About Vitamin B12, But Were Afraid to Ask
- An Introduction To Ayurveda
- The Beauty Detox Perspective on Ayurvedic Principles
- New Recipe: Sunchoke and Beet Kitcheree
- The Beauty Detox View On Abhyanga
- 6 Common Spices That Make You More Beautiful
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Ayurvedic Practices to Help You Feel Your Best with Dr. Jay & Tips to Improve Hair Health! [BIO Podcast: Ep 129]
- Ayurvedic Spring Practices & Visualizing Your Success! [BIO Podcast: Ep 157]
- White Rice & Weight Loss, Interview with a Top Ayurvedic Doctor [BIO Podcast: Ep. 1]
- Clarity and Support with Laura Powers & The Power of Probiotics [BIO Podcast: Ep 163]
With love and gratitude,