Want fuller, thicker, more lustrous hair? In this segment, Tony and I discuss the two often-overlooked factors that make the biggest difference in your hair health. We all love having great hair, but many of us define our beauty by our hair. Listen in to get practical tips in this informative overview.
Next, we have my very special guest Dr. Jay, who is my personal Ayurvedic teacher and is one of the foremost Ayurvedic practitioners in the United States. He is very passionate about spreading Ayurveda to the West in hopes of assisting others elevate their health and vibrancy. Listen in as we share some suggestions on how you can get through the colder months using Ayurvedic practices.
- Tony and I discuss what the Shiva Nataraja is, and what the hair symbolizes in this image…
- How digestion and circulation play a large role in the quality and health of your hair…
- Tony breaks down the assimilation of protein and how we can enhance it…
- What different factors comes into play to digest and break down protein and how it converted in our bodies…
- How our digestion plays a large role in the health of our hair…
- We share some healthy food choices that reduce toxic glow and byproducts…
- What foods should be avoided in rebuilding your hair health…
- Dr. Jay shares the Ayurvedic saying, “Let us see 100 winters”, and what that means for us…
- How herbs are part of the Rasayana group and how they are used for rejuvenation…
- We share which spices are good to incorporate into our cooking with this time of year, to help the rejuvenation process…
- What warming and beneficial grains to use in our cooking to help create heat in our bodies…
- How soups like Kitcheree can help break down nutrients without creating metabolic stagnation or toxins…
- Dr. Jay shares some other Ayurvedic concepts around feeling fresh, bright, cleansed and feeling your overall best…
- We talk about the practice of Abhyanga and how to use it in your beauty routines…
About Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.
Dr. Parla S Jayagopal BAMS, MD (Ayurveda), MAOM (C)—or Doctor Jay as we affectionately call him—received his Bachelor’s degree in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) after completing five and a half years of training from Bangalore University. He also pursued three years of education to receive his Master’s degree in Ayurvedic herbology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
In addition to his twelve years of clinical experience, Dr. Jayagopal has traveled to Europe and Japan to propagate the science of Ayurveda. Currently he is teaching as chair and associate Prof. dept. of Ayurveda at American University of Complementary Medicine, which offers Clinical Doctorate in Ayurveda (AyD)/PhD programs.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good overview of studies connecting gut health to hair
- Hair growth and blood flow
- Scalp massage, circulation and hair growth
- The Secret Behind Healthy Hair: Nourish THIS Surprising Organ
- Hair Health (and Hair Loss) Explained
- What Your Hair Loss Is Trying to Tell You
- The Beauty Detox View On Abhyanga
- Dr. Jay’s Quick Beauty Skin Ingredient
- My Ayurvedic Oral Care Routine
- New Recipe: Sunchoke and Beet Kitcheree
- Warming New Recipe: Sri Lankan Dahl
- Radical Beauty
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The 411 on Colonics With Jen Gonzalez & The Truth About Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 51]
- Adventures in Sri Lanka & More on Ayurveda with the Amazing Dr. Jay! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 3]
- Breastfeeding Insights With Dr. Jay Gordon & BD Foods For Nursing [BIO Podcast: Ep 55]
- Overcoming Grief with Kristin Meekhof & The Magic of Morning Rituals [BIO Podcast: Ep 69]
Enjoy the podcast!
With love and gratitude,