Soy has gotten a bad rap—but it’s actually far from the villain we may have been led to believe. In this segment, Tony and I review some of the major myths around soy and why you can include it in your diet, given if it is non-GMO, organic and not overly processed. A lot of the thoughts about soy being “bad” have been largely overblown, as we explore in the segment today with research and studies.
Next, we have my very special guest Jeff Warren,a former journalist for the New York Times and a best-selling author. Jeff wrote The Head Trip and is co-author of the new book Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics. He is also the founder of the Consciousness Explorers Club. Jeff shares his journey from journalism to writing books and focusing on meditation. Listen in as we try to understand how the mind works and what it means to have a healthy mind.
- Tony and I delve into more research on the topic of organic, non-GMO soy is not bad for you and why…
- Why I am taking a new stand from my previous thoughts found in my The Beauty Detox Solution book…
- Which kinds of soy products can be incorporated into our Beauty Detox routines…
- How soy affects men and women, and their health…
- We discuss how much soy is too much…
- What GMO has to do with healthy soy choices…
- Ways you can enhance your digestion…
- Jeff shares how his personal journey began with his interest in the different stages of consciousness…
- What it means to have a healthy mind…
- How Jeff went from writing about the different stages of dreaming, sleeping and waking and into the world of meditation…
- The benefits meditation can bring in tapping into your creativity and abilities…
- We discuss the process in finding the right tools and meditation style to fit your personal needs…
- Jeff describes the last 10 years of his personal practice and the changes he has seen in his life, his personal relationships, how he deals with people, and his emotional state…
About Jeff Warren
Jeff designs and teaches meditation-related courses, retreats and weekly explorations, both online at 10% Happier, and in-person at Toronto’s Consciousness Explorers Club and various other venues around the world. Ten years ago, he wrote The Head Trip, a book about the science and changing experience of consciousness. Thinking that much about the mind deranged him but meditation gave him perspective.
Jeff is launching his second book, in collaboration with ABC News anchor & 10% Happier author Dan Harris, which is a follow-up to 10% Happier titled Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-To Guide that will be released on December 26th. The book explores why — even as meditation moves from weird and ‘culty’ into something embraced by the mainstream– most people *still* aren’t meditating.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! ?
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower YOU to express your highest potential of your natural beauty from the inside out. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Interesting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in feeling and being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Lower breast cancer risk
- Doesn’t lower testosterone
- Not feminizing
- [FREE] 7 Day Guided Meditations
- Basic Tools And Techniques To Start A Meditation Practice (Video)
- Start Meditating With These Easy Tips
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Jeff Warren Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Is Eating Some Soy Good For You? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 22]
- Are Soy Alternative Meats Bad For You? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 196]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
Enjoy the podcast!
With love and gratitude,