My Red Velvet Love Truffles Recipe is the perfect treat for any occasion, but especially Valentine’s Day! It’s such a special day for love.
These truffles are a great way to give and enjoy love – through the joy of delicious, bliss-promoting raw chocolate!
Let’s see how…
Using Almond Flour In Your Beauty Detox Recipes
Since we are talking about love truffles here, I think it’s important to use only the best ingredients. This includes flour choices.
It’s important to remember that even the healthier flour choices are still flour, and are processed to an extent versus being a true whole food. However, there are great options available to us nowadays, that we can take advantage of!
Why I Love Almond Flour
- Tastes good and provides a steady source of fuel that also won’t make your blood sugar spike
- Deactivates free radicals in the mitochondria (power generators within our cells) — ensuring that our energy keeps flowing
- An excellent energy booster
- Combination of healthy fats, macronutrients and micronutrients
- Contains energy nutrients, such as riboflavin, manganese and copper
- The vitamin B2 (riboflavin) in almonds plays an essential role in energy production, red blood cell creation, cellular function, growth and development
- Contains trace minerals such as, manganese and copper
Think about it like this: creating upgraded substitutions regularly (like choosing almond flour over all-purpose), can really go a long way in helping you stay on track. This is turn, will help you towards achieving your overall health and beauty goals.
These flours still have some nutrients (protein, iron, and fiber), and can be incorporated into your diet. However, the vast majority of our diets should be whole food based, with some flours incorporated in.
Dates In Beauty Detox Desserts!
Dates are nature’s candy. Sounds cheesy to say, but if you’ve ever bitten into a date, you know exactly what I am talking about. Dates have a consistency like a cross between a gummy bear and a Werther’s Original candy, but without all the fake crap and nasty disgusting gelatin (derived from animal by-products). Gross!!
And did you know that dates can help to keep you full longer? Yes, indeed! In fact, dates are great in controlling addiction for sweet foods. Unlike empty white cane sugar, they contain fiber and minerals. They are a natural, unprocessed food grown in nature.
You can see why I chose this natural sweetener for my yummy truffle recipe!
Though dates should be included as a part of a healthy diet, you should not eat just dates throughout the day. If you think of them as nature’s candy, they are still, well, a form of candy! Something we have as treats, not ever single day.
On the other hand, if you are trying to increase your weight (or build muscles), then adding dates is a great way to gain healthy weight.
Why Dates Are a Good (Occasional) Sweetener Choice (NOT as in every day. We do NOT want to add dates to the Glowing Green Smoothie, for instance!)
- Medjool dates are also rich in copper—an important mineral that the body uses to help absorb iron, form collagen and red blood cells
- Creates a healthy nervous system
- Generates energy
- A good source of various vitamins and minerals
- Good source of fiber
- Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc
- Vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K
Yes, dates are chewy, sweet, and high in some important nutrients. Having a variety of advantages and uses, why wouldn’t we choose this energizing fruit in our plant-based diets!
What Is Beet Powder and Why Use It In My Truffles?
Beet powder is a great coloring agent, without having to use gross food dye. That’s the simple reason why!
Beetroot is often ground into powder form to make it easier to consume. Some add beetroot powder to water for a nutritious drink.
Beet Powder Is Awesome!
- Beets alkaline fluid aids digestion
- Is secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder — improving liver function
- Increases detoxification — one of the key factors in boosting beauty from within
- Stimulate cell production and repair
- Protect your skin from premature aging and wrinkles
- Provide powerful antioxidants to keep your skin firm and youthful
- Their nitrates stimulate blood flow to the brain
- Help keep you clear and focused
- Loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants
- Boosts your stamina and muscle blood flow and recovery
- Excellent source of fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc
Beets really are loaded with amazing benefits! They will help support your bodies natural cleansing process and speed the excretion of toxins from your body.
What a great way to indulge in these chocolaty treats! Knowing you are providing your body with the necessary ingredients to stay healthy and beautiful (from the inside out!).
It’s time we check out these easy step-by-steps and start creating a physical extension of our love!!
How to Make the Full Recipe Below…
Red Velvet Love Truffles Recipe
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon beet powder
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoons stevia
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth- including the coconut flakes.
- Roll up your sleeves, take a small amount of the mixture, and roll small balls between your palms or use a heart shape mold to be creative.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours to help the truffles harden. If you are pressed for time, you can stick them in the freezer for an hour or so before serving. Extras are great to store in the fridge for a week, or freeze for even longer!
Don’t forget to add this to your Pinterest Snack & Desserts board!
All my love,