In today’s VLOG I wanted to share with you How To Fight Fatigue & Feel Good With Mitochondria Support. Click to watch the VLOG above or feel free to read the transcript below instead!
Note: The following is the output of transcribing from an audio recording. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases it is incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages or transcription errors. It is posted as an aid, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.
Hi Beauties! I’ve been continually seeing a trend in our community about lack of energy and fighting fatigue. If you are dealing with this, please know that you are not alone. There are so many different factors that play into our bodies natural energy like supporting our mitochondria!.
We have little “energy factories” inside our bodies called mitochondria. They are the powerhouse of our cells. They help to dictate how much energy we feel, and how healthy and vigorous we feel.
By boosting our mitochondria naturally, we can help boost our energy so we continue to feel good. We will feel vitality pulsing into our lives, ultimately allowing us to create more in the world and be our most authentic selves.
When We Support Our Mitochondria…
- We feel sharper, and we are able to think more clearly
- We boost our cardiovascular systems
- Our metabolism is more healthy
When Our Mitochondria is More Depleted…
- We can hold onto more stubborn fat
- We can feel more lethargic and tired which makes us feel more depleted overall
One major thing that can really deplete our mitochondria is toxicity that comes into our system. Toxicity comes in all shapes and forms, such as pollution from the environment, toxicity in the food supply, and heavy metals that come in through drinking water.
Ways to Boost Your Mitochondria
By living the Beauty Detox Lifestyle you will naturally reduce the inflow of toxicity into your system. In the Beauty Detox Diet, we cut out inflammatory foods, such as meat that is filled with hormones, and pesticides in produce that can inflame our cells and weaken our mitochondria. When we eat all these plant-based foods we are not taking in all the toxicity of animal products. You are naturally going to keep your body cleaner and naturally boost your mitochondria.
- Drink GGS with filling fiber, hot water with lemon
- Incorporate more sulfur-rich foods, to help your body produce glutathione which works to preserve our mitochondria strength.
- broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts
- Increase your intake of plant-based omega-3 to help build your mitochondrial membranes, by counteracting against inflammatory EFA
- chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, green veggies, a plant-based supplement
#2. Go Outside and Get Natural Sunlight
Your circadian rhythm, “master clock” is important in regulating cellular function, so if your rhythm is getting unnatural exposure to light all the time, your rhythms will get off and it will greatly affect your mitochondria. It’s really important to get natural morning light to reset your master clock.
- Get outside before you sit at your desk for 10-15 minutes to reset your clock. It is going to help you get in a really great pattern for sleep.
- If you live in a darker climate use a lightbox to mimic natural light
#3. Introduce Cold Water Exposure
I admit this is not my favorite of all ways that we can also boost mitochondria but cold water therapy helps! The exposure makes our mitochondria adapt, it becomes robust and really healthy. You don’t have to go out and create an ice bath, but I do suggest taking colder showers, especially in the summer! Just simply turn your shower on as cold as you can, breath through the cold for a few minutes and it will help boost your mitochondria!
It’s great to have these tools in mind, as we are trying to take care of our vitality and beauty, and as many in the community struggle with fighting fatigue, remember that we are all one, and taking care of our mitochondria will help support your energy!
Hopefully, this was a helpful VLOG for you, just to become aware of another amazing sign that our body gives us to clue us into our overall well-being. Sending you so much love beauties. Keep your questions coming.
I form a lot of the content around questions that you guys are asking. I’m so grateful for you. I’m so grateful for our amazing community, which spreads love and supports each other. Sending you love. Take care, and see you back here very soon.