At the heart of the books, The Beauty Detox System and Beauty Detox Foods is the thought of improved digestive efficiency. By revving up your body’s ability to effectively and efficiently digest the foods you eat for fuel, you trigger optimal internal cleansing, which helps you achieve your ideal weight and optimal health.
According to Dr. Stephen Chang, who practices both Western and Chinese medicine, a two-minute massage technique provides a form of internal exercise that cleanses and detoxifies to melt away fat in a manner that is much different than the typical Western external exercises like crunches.
That’s why I love this simple massage technique so much – because its core principle is similar to the philosophy found in the Beauty Detox lifestyle.
Western-style Strength Training Exercises
While crunches are great for firming up your abdominal muscles, they don’t do anything about the layer of fat that sits on top of them. In fact, one of the persistent myths of Western exercise is that by working out the muscles, you can automatically turn fat into muscle, and that just isn’t true.
As we’ve discussed in The Beauty Detox System and The Beauty Detox Foods, fat loss comes about as a result of a few different mechanisms:
- Burning your body fat as fuel
Stored fat serves a few purposes in your body. First, it protects your internal organs. Second, it provides a ready form of energy to be burned as fuel during times of famine. Thirdly, it protects your body from toxins found in your food, water, consumer products and even in the air.
Losing excess fat is, then, a matter of creating ways for your body to burn that fat as fuel by producing an energy deficit between what you eat and what you burn. You must also remove your body’s need to store the fat to protect you from toxins, which is why detoxification is such a huge part of the Beauty Detox program.
Consider adding a detoxifier like the Feel Good Detoxy 2.0 to your daily routine.
Many people overestimate the number of calories they burn during an exercise session. The amount varies from person to person, with some people metabolizing fuel much more efficiently than others.
While many things factor into this equation, toxicity is a big part of it. If your fat is trapping toxins and keeping them out of your system, your body will be extremely reluctant to burn fat as fuel because doing so will release those poisons.
This doesn’t mean I’m telling you not to exercise. Exercise is an important part of good health. If, however, you are exercising to lose weight, then you can’t rely on exercise alone.
You need to detoxify your body and eat a diet of healthy, naturally high fiber/low-calorie foods as I recommend in The Beauty Detox Foods. When you eat this way, you can eat to satiation and not obsess about calorie counting.
Chinese Medicine Abdominal Massage
The Chinese medicine massage technique I am going to outline below is a different type of exercise altogether. Product of 6,000 years of Eastern wisdom, this massage improves your digestive efficiency by maximizing your body’s ability to detoxify and eliminate waste.
The technique can help speed up your digestive system and allows you to eliminate the sludge that builds up in intestines, which can be pounds of uneliminated waste. When I do it, it is apparent to me the technique is not only physical but also energetic. It’s worth a try, right?
The benefits of this abdominal massage may include:
- Helping melt adipose tissue
- Improving digestive efficiency
- Detoxifying the intestines
- Relieving constipation (the mother of all health/beauty issues)
- Stimulating the organs in your abdominal region
- Improving circulation in your abdominal region
- Reducing hunger and overeating
- May help to alleviate nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and indigestion
- Can provide results in about a week of consistent practice
Before you begin, please note that the following people should use caution or avoid using this technique.
Avoid using the technique if:
- You just had a heavy meal
- You are pregnant
- You are suffering inflammation of feminine organs including the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, or bladder
- You have stones of the bladder, kidneys, or gallbladder
- You have high blood pressure
- You have a hernia
- You have intestinal or stomach ulcers
- You have internal bleeding
If you aren’t sure if it’s right for you, you can always ask your doctor.
How to Perform The Massage
Perform this technique two times per day – once before breakfast and once right before bed.
- Lie flat on your back on a firm surface with your abdominal region exposed.
- Warm-up your hands by rubbing them together until they feel hot – about 15 seconds.
- Place one hand flat on your belly button.
- Begin rubbing in small circles around your belly button, gradually widening the circles using firm pressure. Each circle should take about one to two seconds.
- Focus on heat, which is building up in your abdominal region as you rub.
- Continue for two minutes, about 40 to 50 circles. Be sure to keep your stomach warm as you perform the exercise.
That’s it! Making this a part of your daily routine can significantly improve your digestion.
Here is also a recommended list of foods that increase metabolism to help your body function efficiently throughout the day.