In this episode, Tony and I are going to talk all about… sugar!!! From Halloween to Christmas, we’re all exposed to more sugar and sweets than any other time of the year. It’s a doozy if you are especially prone to sugar cravings and giving into sweet little treats, as so many of us are. But don’t worry. In this segment, we discuss ways to naturally sidestep excessive sugar (realistically we will all have a bit more than usual!) and bring more balance to your body and mind during this season.
Next, we have my very special guest, Charlynn Avery, who is an educator and aromatherapist. Charlynn shares how scent is a powerful way to elevate your home and enhance your health. We chat about Radical Beauty and it’s Six Pillars for living a holistic lifestyle of true beauty. Listen in, as we discuss different and creative ideas for bringing aromatherapy into each of the different pillars.
- The difference between winter sweet tooth and holiday sweet tooth…
- How to take time each day to self-care through our food choices…
- What food choices we can make when we have cravings…
- We share some of our favorite drinks to keep handy, from Glow Bio…
- How probiotics play a positive role in in keeping your gut clean during this time of year…
- Charlynn shares which oils she uses during the colder months…
- How to incorporate balancing oils into our showers…
- What abhyanga massage is and how to use this technique with essential oils…
- Ways to create infusions using sesame oil and essential oils…
- How to reconnect with yourself spiritually, using the Pillar 6 of Radical Beauty and essential oils…
- We share how to prolong the life of your oils and which expire sooner…
- How to use oils to energize you throughout your workouts…
About Charlynn Avery
Charlynn Avery is an Aromatherapist and Educator for Aura Cacia, a brand of Frontier Co-op. In her work, she travels around the U.S. teaching about safe and effective essential oil use and is passionate about those powerful oils. Her life’s mission is to empower each individual to be in charge of their own health and healing.
Avery has spent her career practicing and teaching in the arena of holistic health and wellness as a licensed massage therapist and aromatherapist and currently holds additional certifications in holistic nutrition, Thai massage, life coaching and hypnotherapy. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University and received additional education through both Carlson College of Massage Therapy and the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts.
Although she loves natural healing, she loves yoga and spending time in nature even more. An avid traveler both for work and pleasure, she can often be found getting her U.S. National Park passport stamped or reading a good book in an airport as she waits to make her next connection.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! ?
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower YOU to express your highest potential of your natural beauty from the inside out. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Interesting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in feeling and being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Healthy dessert recipes
- Candida program mentioned
- 11 Desserts That Are Actually Good For You
- Indulgent Desserts- A Healthy Twist On Classic Ingredients
- Low Calorie Alternatives to Silence Your Sweet Tooth
- 10 Tricks to Help Quell Cravings
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Charlynn Avery’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- What Are Some Beauty Detox Approved Desserts? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 90]
- Change Your Energy by Using Essential Oils With Charlynn Avery and Healing Acne Naturally [BIO Podcast: Ep 53]
- Women’s Health and Fertility with Bridget Danner & Mindful Eating Lessons [BIO Podcast: Ep 41]
- Interview with Marvel Super Hero, Anthony Mackie and Realistic Goal Setting Tips for 2016! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 19]
Enjoy the podcast!
With love and gratitude,