In this episode, Tony and I talk about a very important topic for this time of year…winter foods and how you can adjust your diet for this season. We go over why our bodies may be wanting different foods than we crave in the warmer months as well as suggestions for shifting your diet with the season. By making small changes in the foods you eat, you continue feeling great but also listening to what your body truly needs and wants. Be sure to tune in to hear all the amazing tips and tricks Tony and I reveal on today’s episode.
Next, my very special guest is a wonderful teacher of mine: the amazing and beautiful Shiva Rea. I’ve done various yoga trainings and workshops with Shiva over the years. Shiva and I talk about where she gets her creative energy from and how she has truly transformed the yoga space. Shiva shares her personal story and some insight on how she became the person she is today. Shiva shares her new online course that starts Jan. 15th called Yoga Alchemy, which brings her teachings right into the comfort of your own home. This interview is powerful and has bits of inspiration for everyone.
- Tony and I share all these different reasons why we’re naturally craving heavier foods this time of year…
- Interesting points on why we may want craving more sauerkraut and cultured vegetables…
- Try THIS one-pot dish during the winter and why you will love it…
- Remember that you don’t completely change your entire routine in the winter…
- Why now is a great time to also have soup…
- Shiva and I talk about how her work has been transformative in the yoga space…
- The interesting thing that happens when organic intelligence starts you up…
- This opportunity for realization that comes with the sunrise and sunset…
- The importance of feeling the changes within you starting even just feeling a difference in morning to evening, and then also through the week…
- How to tap into what Shiva feels is “the personal revolution to come”…
- How to finally stop pushing and start feeling balance, which can create the experience of moving with the Prana…
About Shiva Rea
Movement is life for Shiva Rea, M.A, global prana vinyasa teacher, activist, and innovator in the evolution of vinyasa yoga around the world from large-scale festivals and conferences to unplugged retreats. She has taught thousands of students, teachers, and movers and shakers how to integrate yoga as a way of life.
As founder of Prana Vinyasa & Samudra Global School for Living Yoga, she integrates the roots of vinyasa, yoga, ayurveda, and tantra in creative and life-transforming online courses, workshops, retreats and trainings. Her studies in the Krishnamacharya lineage, kalaripayattu, world dance, yogic arts, and somatic movement infuse her approach to living yoga and embodying the flow.
Shiva is collaborator across many fields and is know for offering the synthesis form of Vinyasa Flow throughout the world bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners in creative, dynamic, and life-transforming ways for over 25 years around the globe.
She is a pioneer in reviving the art of namaskar through diverse namaskars or salutations as well as developing wave-sequencing, three-part vinyasa to teaching alignment in the flow, energetic alignment, multi-dimensional sequencing, mandala circluar wave-sequencing, rasa prana vinyasa, and integrating the creative, spontaneous movement known as “sahaja” in post-modern yoga.
Since 2000, Shiva has created and offered over 27 award-winning DVD-CD’s for home practice as well as served as an ambassador for prAna, Banyan Botanicals, and the catalyst for Yoga Energy Activism and the Global Mala Project which has raised awareness and funds for local and global climate change. She is a contributor/featured author in media from Origin, Mantra, Yoga Journal Magazine, and featured in the LA Times, Vanity Fair, and Self. Her latest book, Tending the Heart Fire – Living in Rhythm with the Pulse of Life is about living vinyasa, our energetic heart, and our energy future.
She has lead free-form movement in festivals from Wanderlust, Chant 4 Change, Yoga Journal Live, Yogini Conferences, Bhakti Fest, Lightening in the Bottle, Barcelona Yoga Festival, Earthdance, Beloved, Bali Spirit Festival, TED, Tasasana Festival, and Burning Man. Shiva has collaborated with many DJ’s, artists and musicians to bring the art and healing power of music into the flow of yoga live and through compilation and original music for yoga as a moving meditation for everybody.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may not know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Winter Foods Segment:
- How Much Raw Food Should You Eat During Colder Months?
- Glowing Green Soup (GGSo) Recipe!
- Sunchoke and Beet Kitcheree Recipe
- Beat the Holiday Bloat by Adding These 3 Items to Your Diet
- Open-Faced Avo Beauty Sandwich Recipe
- Baked Kabocha Squash with Mushroom Sauce
Shiva Rea Interview: