In this episode, Tony and I discuss a topic that can be confusing at times with all the health circles out there, and that is… minerals. It’s been said that our soil is depleted of minerals, which has serious health implications. Tony and I discuss what minerals do in the body, soil depletion, the real truth on whether you need supplements, which minerals you are most likely lacking and more.
Listen in as we discuss the controversy around disease and if it really can be traced to mineral deficiency. We also talk about if we should be taking supplements to try to re-mineralize our bodies and how the Beauty Detox lifestyle naturally provides more than adequate mineral amounts for your overall health and beauty.
Next, we have my very special guest Dr. Jay, who is an Ayurvedic doctor, practitioner, and my own personal teacher. Dr. Jay shares the best way to adjust our diet for summer, from an Ayurvedic perspective. Listen in as we talk about what foods to incorporate, and how, to enhance our overall health and beauty.
- Tony and I discuss the controversy surrounding mineral depletion…
- We talk about supplements and if this is where we should get our minerals from…
- What are full spectrum minerals and how do they break down…
- We share how Beauty Detox has one of the best resources of minerals…
- If getting plant foods from a variety of sources will cover all of our health needs…
- Dr. Jay discusses what’s happening with our physiology during the summer from an Ayurvedic point of view…
- How our guts change season to season and how this impacts our health…
- What we can do to enhance all of our functions…
- Dr. Jay shares what foods and drinks should be added to our daily intake, and how they should be consumed…
- We discuss the raw food theory and how our food is digested and assimilated, based on how it’s prepared…
- What spices to add to your daily Beauty foods to help keep your gut balanced…
About Dr. Jay
Dr. Parla S Jayagopal BAMS, MD (Ayurveda), MAOM (C) (“Dr. Jay”) received his Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) after completing five and a half years of training from Bangalore University. He also pursued three years of education to receive a Master’s degree in Ayurvedic herbology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Dr. Jayagopal completed Yoga teacher’s training course from the Atma Darshan, Bihar school of Yoga. In addition to years of clinical experience, Dr. Jayagopal has traveled to Europe and Japan to propagate the science of Ayurveda. Currently, he is teaching as Chair and Associate Professor in the Department of Ayurveda at the American University of Complementary Medicine, Beverly Hills, which offers Clinical Doctorate in Ayurveda (AyD)/PhD programs.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review.
Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Have fruits and veggies become less nutritious?
- Yes, organic is more nutritious
- Data on soil depletion
- 13 Essential Vitamins for Bodily Function- From Food!
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- The Best Beauty-Enhancing Foods
- Do You Really Need All Those Vitamins?
- Dharma’s Kale Salad Recipe
- Spirulina Power Protein Smoothie!
- Spirulina Spinach Salad
- An Introduction To Ayurveda
- White Rice & Weight Loss, Interview with a Top Ayurvedic Doctor [BIO Podcast: Ep. 1]
- New Recipe: Sunchoke and Beet Kitcheree
- My Glow Bio Cleanses
Dr. Jay’s Interview
Wishing you all the very best.
In love and health,