Red wine has been promoted as heart healthy, amongst other things. But is it really good for you? And if so, how much is ideal? Also, what are the risks or downsides? In this segment, you’ll discover the truth about red wine and everything you need to know—from the benefits to the risks and beyond—in order to make the healthiest possible decision for your body.
Next, we have my very special guest Scott Harrison, who is the Founder and CEO of charity: water. Charity: water is a non-profit organization that brings clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Listen in, as Scott shares what led him towards being so passionate about this charity, and how you too can make a difference in others lives and your own.
- Tony and I discuss the lifestyle that surrounds wine and cocktails…
- What wine is and if it’s a healthy choice over alcohol…
- The risks in drinking one cup of alcohol a day…
- How important wellness is when it comes to socializing and drinking…
- Which types of wine to choose when you want a glass at times…
- Which foods you can include in your beauty routine, that provide antioxidants…
- How pesticides come into play when it comes to the wine you choose…
- Scott shares his personal journey that led him to starting charitywater.org, and where this passion came from…
- Why Scott chose to focus on water as his means of charity…
- How to seek greater abundance in all areas of your life when they’re so many communities in such great poverty…
- Ways to find balance when seeking abundance…
- Scott shares what he has learned about spirituality and wellness from the communities he’s had the privilege of working with…
- Ways we can create a channel for giving and service to make a difference, regardless of financial ability…
- We talk about Scott’s upcoming book, Thirst, and what inspired the project…
About Scott Harrison
Scott Harrison boarded a plane for Liberia West Africa, after a decade of living selfishly as a top nightclub promoter in New York City. Desperately unhappy and spiritually bankrupt, Scott asked himself: “What would the opposite of my life look like?”
This question led Harrison to found charity: water. Ten years later, with the help of more than 1 million donors, Harrison’s ‘s organization has raised over $300M to bring clean drinking water to more than 8 million people worldwide and taken a leading role at ending the world’s water crisis.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Mayo Clinic on nutrients in red wine
- Some of the risks/issues
- Antioxidant study
- Organic Vs. Biodynamic Wine
- 5 Ways to Make Traditional Holiday Drinks Healthy!
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions about Water
- Does Alkaline Water Really Make A Difference? [BIO Podcast: Ep.12]
- The Optimal Amount of Water You Can Drink to Stay Hydrated and Avoid Bloating
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Scott Harrison Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- How Much Wine Is Too Much? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 224]
- Women’s Health and Fertility with Bridget Danner & Mindful Eating Lessons [BIO Podcast: Ep 41]
- Building A Meaningful Legacy With Ocean Robbins & Does Liver Cleansing Work? [BIO Podcast: Ep 107]
- Mindfulness and Sustainability with Jason Wachob & Happiness and Numbers! [BIO Podcast: Ep 135]
With love and gratitude,