Most people travel at least once during the summer. And that often involves flying, which can be very hard on the body. We’ve addressed the health challenges that come with flying on previous podcasts, and this segment will go even deeper into an exact set of steps that can be done before, during and after flights to help you feel amazing! These are especially valuable for longer flights and time-zone changes, avoiding fatigue, jet lag or the risk of getting sick.
I am so excited to have is a renowned massage expert Eric Stephenson, who has counseled some of the biggest names in the industry and is the chief wellness officer for Elements Massage. Listen in as Eric shares what inspired him to get involved within the field of massage as his career path, how beneficial it is to incorporate aromatherapy into massages, and ways to prevent injury.
- Tony and I chat about travel and how hard it can be on the body…
- We go deeper into the steps that can be taken before travel…
- Steps you can take during and after flights…
- How longer flights and time-zone changes affect our overall health and well-being while traveling…
- Ways to avoid fatigue, jet lag and the risk of getting sick…
- What inspired Eric to get into the field of massage as a career path…
- We discuss ways in which massage helps in areas of stress, anxiety, digestive disorders and insomnia…
- How massages can be used to prevent injury or heal from injury…
- Ways in which it’s beneficial to incorporate aromatherapy into massages and what are the best ones.
About Eric Stephenson
Eric is Elements Massage® Chief Wellness Officer, with over 250 locations worldwide, with a robust background as a leading massage therapist. He is co-founder of imassage, Inc., and has counseled some of the biggest names in the industry, including the Wynn/Encore Las Vegas, Kamalaya Thailand, Sandals Resorts and Spas, Grove Park Inn Asheville, Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
Concurrently, Stephenson also worked closely with Elements Massage to develop “The Elements Way,” a series of experiential standards implemented within studios that resulted in a best-in-class 2017 Net Promoter Score comparable to leading consumer brands like Apple, Amazon and the Ritz-Carlton.
He also serves on the board of directors for the International Spa Association. He has been instrumental in positioning massage as a viable career path worldwide and in emerging countries such as India, where he was recently a keynote presenter at the Health Professions of India Conference.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder podcast brings you information, insights and interviews with top experts to inspire and educate you on how to live YOUR most beautiful life in all areas- including in health, wellness, meditation and spirituality, happiness, relationships and personal achievement and empowerment.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good overview on how flying affects the body
- Some good tips
- Yoga poses for when you land
- Dehydration from Flying and Brain Function
- Skin Hydration decreases rapidly
- My Yoga Power Course
- The Beauty Detox View On Abhyanga
- Ancient Chinese Medicine Massage to Help Rid Yourself of Belly Fat
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Eric Stepenson Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Self-Love with Grace Sylke & Natural Ways to Beat Jet Lag! [BIO Podcast: Ep 137]
- Women’s Health and Fertility with Bridget Danner & Mindful Eating Lessons [BIO Podcast: Ep 41]
- Finding Your True Passion With Satya Scainetti & Reducing Stress Through Chanting! [BIO Podcast: Ep 167]
- The Conscious Cook With Chef Tal & Everyday Sleep Solutions [BIO Podcast: Ep 259]
With love and gratitude,