I’m totally obsessed with kale salads. Like the name states, they make you feel killer and absolutely amazing! You might recall my Dharma’s Kale Salad, which is now iconic in our community. Kale is at the very top of my list of foods. I believe they are two of the top foods to have the most impact on health and beauty.
This new, delicious and simple-to-make Kale Quinoa Energy Salad has a lot of protein and a hint of spice. With just a few powerful ingredients, this is one of those salads that helps you to feel on the top of the world! Share it with your family and friends and they will be asking you to make it for them again and again.
Why Kale and Quinoa Make You Feel So Good
Your body can look and feel more toned when you fuel it with the right ingredients. The right foods, which help to build muscle, actually can regenerate cells and help the body to radiate energy. Yes, exercise helps with this. However, an alkaline-rich diet and continuous cleansing goes so much further!
By adding foods like kale and quinoa into your system, you are providing your body with superior nutrition. These two powerhouses work like magic together. They keep your body strong and resilient, taking your beauty to the next level.
Plant-Based Sources of Protein
Think of kale and quinoa like tools that you should always have available in your toolbox. As you likely know, your body needs protein to operate at its best. Kale and quinoa are some of the best tools to give your body the protein that it needs.
Kale is a superior source of free-form amino acids. These are singular molecules that are not attached by peptide bonds to other amino acids. They assimilate directly into the body and turn into protein.
And quinoa is the perfect source of complete plant protein. It contains all essential amino acids that the body requires as building blocks for muscle and strength. It also contains high levels of magnesium which helps the muscles relax.
Let me not forget, my Kale Quinoa Energy Salad also contains black beans! Beans are an inexpensive protein source, but can also be difficult for some people to digest. That is because they are both a starch and a protein. So they may cause bloating, or abdominal discomfort for some. I always suggest soaking your beans overnight to help them digest better.
Neither kale nor quinoa is a dense source of protein, like you will find from animal sources. Rather, they are simple to digest and therefore an abundant source of quick energy. Which means that you will feel amazing benefits right away.
Kale and quinoa are also high in fiber! And as you know, your body needs fiber to help you to properly expel waste and toxins from your system. And in order to feel amazing, you need your body to be continually cleansing.
- If you are looking for more ways to up your cleansing game, then let me suggest you check out Detoxy 2.0. Detoxy 2.0 is a nutritional supplement that helps cleanse your digestive and elimination organs of wastes and toxins in a gentle, yet effective way—without any of the drawbacks of typical laxatives or fiber supplements.
- In my newest book, Recipes for Your Perfectly Imperfect Life, I share a few more ways you can incorporate kale and quinoa into your lifestyle. Not only that, but it also comes with lifestyle tips to teach you how to have a healthier mind. Together they will help you thrive in all areas of your life. Pick up a copy at your local book store today!
I hope I’m inspiring you to feel amazing and try out my new Kale Quinoa Energy Salad recipe. As always, don’t forget to Pin the image above to your Pinterest board, and tag me in all of your recipe creations on Instagram so that I can see the delicious meals that you are making! And remember, you are a creative light and I am so grateful for you, Beauty.
Kale Quinoa Energy Salad Recipe
- 1 head of kale, shredded
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- ¾ cup of cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Prepare your salad and salad dressing ingredients.
- Blend all salad dressing ingredients in a food processor until well combined.
- Add your salad ingredients to a large bowl. Top with salad dressing, massage dressing into salad thoroughly and enjoy!