In this episode, Tony and I discuss the idea of power-napping. In this week’s science segment, we discuss the research behind napping and the many powerful ways to integrate napping into your daily lifestyle so you maximize the beauty and brain benefits.
Next, we have my very special guest Gabrielle Bernstein, who is New York Times best selling author, speaker and spirit junkie. She has a new book out called, “The Universe Has Your Back“. Listen in as Gabrielle teaches us how to transform our fears into faith so we can live a divinely guided life.
- We discuss the debate around the optimum amount of time to rest to avoid grogginess…
- Tony shares useful tips on how to lull yourself into a restful nap…
- Is resting just as beneficial as getting a nap in…
- We share some useful tips on how to prepare or start your dinner and rest while it’s cooking…
- How sleep deprivation can lead to weight gain…
- How napping can help with hormonal balance and weight gain
- Gabrielle shares how she came up with the title of her new book and what inspired her to write it…
- How we can soften into trusting others…
- We discuss how to gain a sense of safety in the midst of uncertainty…
- Gabrielle shares how she came out of darkness and fear and into her power…
- How mediation is a way to connect and reestablish your purpose…
About Gabrielle Bernstein
Gabrielle Bernstein is the New York Times best-selling author of Miracles Now and May Cause Miracles, as well as the best sellers Add More ~ing to Your Life and Spirit Junkie. She appears regularly as an expert on The Dr. Oz Show and leads talks regularly.
Gabby is the founder of the Miracle Membership, a monthly subscription that helps people stay committed to their spiritual practices. Her flagship course, the Spirit Junkie Masterclass, empowers people to awaken their confidence and live their purpose.
Gabby is a certified Kundalini yoga and meditation teacher. She is also trained in the Emotional Freedom Technique, is a student of the metaphysical text A Course in Miracles, and practices Transcendental Meditation as taught by the David Lynch Foundation.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Excellent overview from the Sleep Foundation
- How napping helps the brain
- How power napping affects weight loss in two ways
- Funny, informative overview of famous nappers!
- Getting More Sleep Naturally…For Beauty and Weight-Loss
- Could “Over-Sleeping” Make You More Beautiful?
- Follow-Up On Sleep, Beauty and Why You Don’t Feel as Rested as You Should
- My Top 6 Tips For Better Sleep!
- 5 Reasons To Always Go With Your Gut
- 10 Ways to Combat Depression and Anxiety Through Your Diet
- How Certain Foods Can Change Your Mood
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Gabrielle Bernstein’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- A Good Night’s Sleep Is More Beautifying Than You May Think! [BIO Podcast: Ep.17]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- On Air With Ella & Tips To Boost Your Mood! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 25]
With love and gratitude,