Have you ever felt like your cooking skills (or lack thereof) might be holding you back? If so, you’re not alone! In this segment, Tony and I discuss our journeys on the path to learning how to cook more effectively. We discuss how we learned basic food prep skills, including using knives/cutting, the blender, food processor–along with many other quick tips for you saving time and money in the kitchen!
Next, we have my very special guest Caroline Stokes, who is an expert in the field of executive recruiting and emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is key in standing out in any career these days! She is also the founder of the Forward company, an ethical and humanist headhunting process and coaching practice for innovative leaders. She is also contributor to Forbes, Venturebeat, Undercover Recruiter, and Huffington Post.
- Tony and I talk about why it’s so important to learn basic cooking and food prep for self-nurturing skills…
- Why basic knowledge in meal prepping is more important than quality and space of your kitchen…
- How cooking is an important skill in nourishing yourself…
- We share ways in which we created more time to prepare nourishing meals from home versus take-out…
- Why I love meals you can prepare and cook in under 15 minutes and a teaser about my upcoming new book…
- Tony and I share some of our favorite foods to prep and what gadgets we use to make meal prep a cinch…
- How batch cooking is an excellent tool to use in prepping healthy foods for the week…
- Why emotional intelligence comes to the forefront with today’s job market being so competitive, and what it is…
- What the four core skills are that make up emotional intelligence are and what they mean…
- How the level of your emotional intelligence has an impact on your job performance and the quality of your work…
- What is The EQ-i 2.0 and what does it tell you about a person and how is it helpful for both employers and employees…
- We discuss if a person can improve their emotional intelligence…
- Caroline shares what advice she would give someone who is just getting back into the job market…
About Caroline Stokes
Caroline spent 20+ years with innovation technology leaders critiquing hiring practices, onboarding practices, engagement and leadership systems. She spent an additional five years working at a headhunting firm delivering executive level placements at Microsoft, Bethesda, Ziff Davis and Trinity Mirror.
Caroline realized something was missing from the process: a high-touch, compassionate approach that left both the employer and talent closer to their seemingly impossible future.
She is the founder of FORWARD, the first executive search and first-quarter coaching firm to expedite the integration of all talent placements; and the host of the new podcast, The Emotionally Intelligent Recruiter, which interviews top leaders in the field to support evolving recruiters to adapt in critical collaborative and analytical environments.
Caroline has been called to speak or join panels about current talent technology trends at Pocket Gamer Connects Vancouver, VR Connects London and VR Connects San Francisco, plus a Fireside Chat at the BC Labour Market Report Conference.
Caroline is a contributor to Forbes, Venturebeat, Undercover Recruiter, and Huffington Post. She has written over 70 human articles for Forbes, LinkedIn, Thrive Global, The Undercover Recruiter and Medium, and has been quoted in in Forbes, Fast Company, TechRepublic, Business News Daily, The Coaching Connector and Monster. .
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Kimberly’s Live Cooking Show
- How to Cook for Children/Family
- Why Batch Cooking Works And Why You Should Try it!
- Easy Time-Savers to Keep Your Healthy Diet on Track!
- 3 Easy Tips To Eat Healthy All Week Long!
- Kimberly’s Recipe Archives
- Vitamix Blender vs. Blendtec and Other High End Blenders
- Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Favorite Vitamix Recipes
- Kimberly’s YouTube Videos
- Embracing Change and Finding the Sunrise at the End of it
- Kimberly’s Picks
- Telebrands Orgreenic Frying Pan, 10 “
- Vitamix S30 Personal Blender, Black
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Caroline Stokes Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Women’s Health and Fertility with Bridget Danner & Mindful Eating Lessons [BIO Podcast: Ep 41]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- On Air With Ella & Tips To Boost Your Mood! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 25]
- Architects For Change With Maria Shriver & Understanding Enzymes – Pt. 2 [BIO Podcast: Ep 165]
With love and gratitude,