On today’s show we cover, something called ‘autophagy’ which has been receiving a great deal of attention lately with progressive alternative health and research circles. Autophagy is like your body’s own internal recycling program, helping it eliminate toxins and reuse critical nutrients, such as protein, vitamins and minerals. Autophagy is a hot topic because it’s one the most powerful ways to slow (and even reverse) the aging process. Benefits include improved mood, more youthful appearance, more energy, reduced inflammation, enhanced immunity and so much more.
Next, we have my very special guest Jamie Bechtold, who is an expert in the healing arts, creator of Toneation and founder of the Soundbath Center and Reiki Center in Los Angeles. Jamie shares her personal journey and what led her towards sound healing. Listen in as she shares this technique and how it can deepen the effects of the massage, helping clients enter into a state of relaxation much quicker than without it.
- Tony and I delve into a different aspect of detoxing…
- Tony shares an overview of what autophagy is and if it really can assist with feeling more youthful, having more energy and decreasing inflammation…
- Why we don’t need as much protein as we think we do…
- How to elevate autophagy and how it really works…
- Intermittent fasting in relation to autophagy…
- The relationship between autophagy and mitochondria…
- We share some tips on how to promote optimal autophagy levels…
- Jamie shares what Soundbath and “Toneation” is…
- What attracted Jamie to work with sound…
- The results or reactions you can expect during and after a sound bath…
- What abilities the gongs and crystal quartz bowls have and how they interact with our bodies…
- Jamie talks about her call to change her whole life and career from biologist to the healing arts….
- What color therapy is…
About Jamie Bechtold
Jamie Bechtold (formerly Jamie Ford) has been passionate about sound and movement since she was very young. In 2005 Jamie entered the healing arts field through massage. She soon added sound healing in the form of tuning forks into her sessions. She found sound deepened the effects of the massage and helped clients enter into a state of relaxation much quicker than without it. In 2004 she met Kat Lyons, who was teaching a tuning fork workshop, and began to study sound more intensely. She studied Egyptian Mysteries with Kat, which was very sound healing focused. In 2005 Jamie bought her first gong and crystal bowl and has been playing for her clients and groups ever since.
In 2012 Jamie began teaching sound healing and in 2015 opened The Soundbath Center (formerly known as The Sound Space). Her intention was to open a space dedicated to Soundbaths and sound healing, and to offer clients different types of Soundbath experiences.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- In-depth overview
- Disease processes
- Intermittent fasting
- Sustain and Replenish Yourself With Ryan Black & Maximize Your Mitochondria [BIO Podcast: Ep 149]
- Detoxify Your Body And Remove Waste Naturally
- Our Body’s Various Elimination Channels, and How to Support Them
- The Beauty Detox Power Yoga Series
- 5 EASY Lifestyle Shifts To Elevate Your Health!
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Jamie Bechtold Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Infrared Health Benefits & How To Maximize Your Mitochondria! [BIO Podcast: Ep 215]
- Long-term Approach to Radical Beauty with Deepak Chopra & Is ‘Activated Charcoal’ Good for Detox? [BIO Podcast: Ep 127]
- Special Edition: How Digestion Determines Your Weight Loss [BIO Podcast: Ep 197]
- The Nature of Movement with Katy Bowman & The Miracle of Mushrooms! [BIO Podcast: Ep 141]
With love and gratitude,