More than ever, mushrooms are being praised for their medicinal properties. Yet there are so many varieties and potential benefits and questions around our mushy friends, it’s hard to know what is what. In this segment, Tony and I dive into the miraculous world of mushrooms and help simplify it all for you.
Next, we have my very special guest Katy Bowman, who is a biomechanist, pioneer of “nutritious movement” and author. Her most recent book is called Movement Matters, on the nature of movement. Listen in as we discuss that you can move differently for a different, better outcome, once you have more information regarding how movement works.
- Tony and I discuss why edible mushrooms have been praised by healers, doctors, herbalist and holistic practitioners…
- Tony debunks the myth that mushrooms feed fungi…
- We share what is so magical about mushrooms and their amazing properties…
- The variety of mushrooms out in the markets and how they all have natural healing powers…
- Katy shares her philosophy on proper alignment in walking and movement…
- What biomechanics is and how it’s applied…
- We discuss general tips on how to keep our bodies aligned…
- How feet issues can affect our backs and spines and how to work with it…
- The importance of working out your feet, and how…
- What impact the choice of shoes has on our overall wellbeing…
- Katy shares some tips on how to sit properly for improved health…
About Katy Bowman
A biomechanist by training and a problem-solver at heart, Katy Bowman, has the ability to blend a scientific approach with straight talk about sensible solutions.
In between her book-writing efforts, Katy directs and teaches at the Nutritious Movement Center Northwest, travels the globe to teach the Nutritious Movement™ courses in person, and spends as much time outside as possible with her husband and two young children.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Lion’s Mane
- What to Know about the Benefits of Mushrooms
- Sauteed Herb Mushrooms ‘n Kale over Sprouted Brown Rice Recipe
- Lentil Stuffed Squash with Mushroom Gravy RecipeNew Recipe: The Mama
- Nourishment Bowl
- How our Feet Affect Our Health and Our Beauty!
- Stretch and Meditate to Combat Stress
- Spine-Opening Yoga Routine
- 5 Reasons To Start A Yoga Home Practice Today!
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Katy Bowman’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Yoga Alchemy With Shiva Rea & Winter Foods To Try Today! [BIO Podcast: Ep 23]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- Pregnancy & Breastfeeding With Jennifer Davidson & Is Cardio Bad For You? [BIO Podcast: Ep 105]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
With love and gratitude,
I am definitely obsessed with your GGS and I make sure to drink my lemon water every morning, but I was wondering when I am supposed to ingest my probiotics, is it okay them right after my lemon water or am I supposed to wait 20 min-1hr because its considered food?
Hi Dakari and thanks for your great question. You can take two capsules in the morning before breakfast or lunch, and that’s it. Some people choose to take one capsule in the am and pm, but either way, just take two capsules daily. Sending you lots of love and support! 😉 Xx
I love mushrooms! Thank you for this interview, great info!