In this segment, Tony and I discuss something called SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and how it affects millions of people without them realizing it. You’ll discover the cause of it, how it affects your body (especially your mood) and some natural solutions that can help tremendously. If you’ve ever felt gloomy as seasons shifted into winter, you’ll want to check this one out!
Next, we have my very special guest Keegan Kuhn, who is an award-winning documentary filmmaker and co-director. He created the groundbreaking environmental films Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret and his current film, What The Health. Listen in as Keegan shares some insight into his new film and what the future holds.
- Tony and I discuss the idea of Seasonal Affective Disorder and just how real and prevalent it is…
- We share our personal experience in dealing and coping with sadness during the colder seasons…
- What the definition of SAD encompasses…
- Tips and tools to help alleviate SAD…
- How to supplement to cope with feelings of sadness…
- What are light boxes and how can they affect the brain…
- Why a regular schedule is better for your digestion, sleep and overall wellbeing…
- How exercise and natural lifestyle methods are critical in alleviating depression…
- With the film being labeled a groundbreaking documentary, Keegan shares reactions to the film…
- Keegan shares what he has learned from the process of making this film and what inspires him to continue to make films like these…
- With the many great stories in the film, does Keegan continue to be in touch with the people in the film…
- What has been the reaction of big businesses and organizations that have been called out in this film, and whether they have changed anything as a result…
- What some of the biggest takeaways from the film are…
- Keegan shares what is next for him and if there are any new projects…
About Keegan Kuhn
Keegan Kuhn is the award-winning co-director of the groundbreaking documentary film What The Health executive produced by Joaquin Phoenix and Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret, executive produced for Netflix by Leonardo DiCaprio. Kuhn is the owner and operator of First Spark Media, a digital film production company tailored to creating films for social justice.
Kuhn’s skills as a director, producer, cinematographer, editor, animator and composer have been utilized in film subjects as diverse as modern Alaskan homesteading, gender inequality, animal rescues, Buddhism, endurance sports and environmental destruction. He is motivated by a deep desire to shed light on untold stories of the most downtrodden in our society, and to raise awareness through greater visibility of social justice issues.
Kuhn is the owner of the camera accessory company First Spark Gear and creator of the educational music project True Nature. He lives with his partner Shani in the East Bay of San Francisco, California.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good overview
- Tips to Help Treat Depression
- 10 Ways to Combat Depression and Anxiety Through Your Diet
- How Certain Foods Can Change Your Mood
- 6 Ways to Eat Your Way to a Happier You
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Keegan Kuhn Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Clarity and Support with Laura Powers & The Power of Probiotics [BIO Podcast: Ep 163]
- On Air With Ella & Tips To Boost Your Mood! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 25]
- ‘What the Health’ Uncovers The Truth With Kip Andersen & Secret Techniques for Mastering Meditation [BIO Podcast: Ep 155]
- What The Health! with Keegan Kuhn & Oral Health 101 [BIO Podcast: Ep 37]
With love and gratitude,