It’s almost the 4th of July, Beauties! What better way to enjoy the beautiful weather than to get outside for a barbecue with family and friends?
Gathering around food and celebrating holidays together is great for our sense of community, but it doesn’t always leave you feeling great afterward.
If you’re new to plant-based eating, and you’re still tempted to indulge in heavy mayonnaise potato salads, hot dogs or greasy potato chips, I have the perfect recipes for you. They’re so delicious you won’t feel deprived for one minute!
This way you can still enjoy the fun and sense of community by slipping a few of these delicious vegan 4th of July recipes into the BBQ rotation. You may even create a few plant-based converts; they’re that good.
I’ve included my favorite outdoor recipes including two different versions of a plant-based vegan burger, a no dairy potato salad, and blackberry vegan ice cream that is so good! The best part is that you can enjoy them without any of the usual discomfort and bloating.
So if you’re looking for delicious, plant-based versions of your 4th of July faves, then these 35 healthy vegan recipes are perfect for your next gathering!
Hearty and Delicious Entrees
From beautiful veggie skewers to a satisfying vegan burger, these recipes will make an amazing main dish at your 4th of July barbecue! Even if you’ve got a meat lover in the group, I guarantee there is a vegan recipe here that they’ll love.
- Balsamic Basil Veg Kabobs
- Alkaline-Grain Veggie Burgers
- Feel Like a Fungi Mushroom Burger
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Avocado Kale Vegan Pesto
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Veggie Wrap
Refreshing and Light Salads
Whether you love a refreshing green salad or a comforting vegan potato salad, you’re sure to find a healthy recipe here that you’ll love.
- Summer Burst Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Quinoa, Avocado, and Corn Salad Recipe
- Summer Strawberry Beet Mesclun Salad
- Healthy Glow Kale Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Olive Salad
These awesome recipes would make an amazing appetizer or companion for your entrees! Unlike standard sides like fried chicken wings or sides loaded with dairy, these delicious recipes have all the flavor and fun of your faves, but without the discomfort, heaviness and bloating afterwards.
- Savory Zucchini, Carrot & Cucumber Zoodles
- Vegan No-Fry Cauliflower Hot Wings
- Roasted Vegetable and Purple Potato Salad
- Creamy Dairy-Free Sweet Potato Salad
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese
Whether you’re dunking chips or fresh veggies, these delicious, nutrient-packed vegan dips are a crowd-pleaser.
- Sally’s Easy Bell Pepper Salsa
- Creamy Cauliflower Cashew Dip
- Raw Zucchini Hummus
- Raw Muhammara Dip
- Raw Sprouted Hummus
What’s a get-together without some dessert? Even on the Beauty Detox Diet, you can still enjoy your favorite 4th of July dessert without feeling sluggish or sugar-crash later! I suggest you wait on dessert a couple of hours after eating your heavier meal though to allow your body time to fully digest your food. Eating fruit on a full stomach as dessert often leads to gas and sluggish digestion.
- End of Summer Acai Fruit Popsicles
- Raw Key Lime Pie Bars
- Blackberry Vegan Ice Cream
- Raw Vegan Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
- Blissed Out Fudge Pops
Cool and Refreshing Beverages
Cool down in the summer heat with these healthy and tasty beverages, made with fresh fruit and no added sugars.
- Electric Lemonade
- Fresh Cucumber Cooler
- 3-Minute De-Bloating Turmeric Lemonade Elixir
- Tropical Breeze Frosty
- Spicy Citrus & Cranberry Blast
Summer’s the perfect time for a smoothie— but let’s face it, there is no bad time for smoothies! Fresh fruit, healthy fiber and invigorating antioxidants, plus a festive twist make these perfect for those hot summer days.
- Fireworks Festive Smoothie
- Strawberry Lime Coconut Smoothie
- Cucumber Cilantro Strawberry Smoothie
- Orange Mango Creamsicle Smoothie
- Creamy Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
Wishing you love, and a happy and safe 4th of July,